Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A novelist has multiple qualities. I wish to speak of just one. A novelist has the ability to paint a picture and make it move like a movie in our mind This, he does with the exceptional power of his words. An author like J. K. Rowling can also express magical phenomena with her words.
Arthur Dowel. sees the earth and its signs as some specific lead to some detective stories, similarly some novel like treasure island or Don Quixote, we could find the constant visualization of series of events and when we get immersed into it try hard to differentiate between real and the imaginary, with Rebecca novel we are searching for the ghosts but with each character affecting them incidents one can find different signs of ghosts from here and there but still all in mystery, all these are magic of writing, which completely immersed us into their own world and it seems we are being controlled by stories till we are reading those.

It's the power of narration that bodily lifts you to the scene of action. And this is the skill of the writer that. Makes his works, "Unputdowanable."
I feel that to become a novelist or a story teller you need to have a good reading habit ! This is a basic requirement since you get a lot of ready made inputs and ideas to expand upon !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
I feel that to become a novelist or a story teller you need to have a good reading habit ! This is a basic requirement since you get a lot of ready made inputs and ideas to expand upon !

Very true. This reminds me of an advise given by a famous writer in Telugu, Sri Sri to an upcoming writer, Viswanadha Sastry that , if you want to become a good writer, you should be a voracious reader. The young writer followed the advise. Many years later, he has become as great as his mentor.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
To my mind behind every successful novel lies the ceaseless work of a powerful mind. Be it a subjective or objective one, the brilliance of it is a reflection of that of the mind of its author. There are works of a few produced a century or more back, yet their timeless appeal as classics bear testimony to the genius of their creators!! So it is a daunting task for anyone aspiring to be a novelist.
To my mind behind every successful novel lies the ceaseless work of a powerful mind. Be it a subjective or objective one, the brilliance of it is a reflection of that of the mind of its author. There are works of a few produced a century or more back, yet their timeless appeal as classics bear testimony to the genius of their creators!! So it is a daunting task for anyone aspiring to be a novelist.

A good writing is the extension of the creator's personality. The author peeps through every syllable and every character. This is the single most trait that makes the author and his creations immortal. Of course the task is not just a cake walk as you put it. One has to be ready to burn the midnight oil.
After reading all these, I feel it is difficult for me to write a novel, as it seems one has to see the seen in different angle in order to understand the coherent actions which seems invisible for common writer like me.

http://mohanmekap.com/

After reading all these, I feel it is difficult for me to write a novel, as it seems one has to see the seen in different angle in order to understand the coherent actions which seems invisible for common writer like me.

Nothing is easy in this world who cannot persevere, lack fierce determination to win. Everything looks difficult at the outset. But not impossible who work their way to reach out their goals.

That's a must!! How else do you get those brain-storming ideas which work at subliminal levels of our minds before finding true and authentic expressions!!
good reading habit for a comprehensive knowledge, as I have felt best sellers are from those novelist who live or see those lives in details from a distance and they wrote it from their real life experiences, that creates stunning novels, though always there are exceptions to add this.

http://mohanmekap.com/

good reading habit for a comprehensive knowledge, as I have felt best sellers are from those novelist who live or see those lives in details from a distance and they wrote it from their real life experiences, that creates stunning novels, though always there are exceptions to add this.

Books are the windows to the world. They make you see the life beyond your own world. An expanded knowledge in a person itself makes him a successful book.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.