Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have given it a cool thought about what goes into making a novelist. Because he or she never views things the way we do!! They never traverse a linear path or rather record their feelings in a curvi-linear path! They make satans out of saints, make extraordinaries out of ordinaries!!!! Any thought??

It is a combination of many things ! They need to be very creative,imaginative , have a great sense of humor and also have knowledge ! Certain subjects need first hand experience like while describing places and culture and they have to be accurate in their account !I feel that to become a successful writer one has to have all these abilities ...Even to make satans out of saints or vice versa they need to have sensitivity and a certain amount of convction to make readers fall in line with their idea !

Ah, I don't possess the set of qualities you have combined! Just beyond me!!! Kalyani, Rambabu and others including you may meet those stringent requirements!!! :P :P :P :P

Chinmoy ! You are too humble. You have all the stringent qualities and more. I'm eager to see your Paperback/ hardbound soon in the stands with the glowing heading, 'Top 10'. Jay Ho. Tum Hoga Kaamyaab.

I too would go with that view ! with your command over the english language and your astounding knowledge on most things around you I am sure you will come up with something really interesting ! :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
I have given it a cool thought about what goes into making a novelist. Because he or she never views things the way we do!! They never traverse a linear path or rather record their feelings in a curvi-linear path! They make satans out of saints, make extraordinaries out of ordinaries!!!! Any thought??

It is a combination of many things ! They need to be very creative,imaginative , have a great sense of humor and also have knowledge ! Certain subjects need first hand experience like while describing places and culture and they have to be accurate in their account !I feel that to become a successful writer one has to have all these abilities ...Even to make satans out of saints or vice versa they need to have sensitivity and a certain amount of convction to make readers fall in line with their idea !

Ah, I don't possess the set of qualities you have combined! Just beyond me!!! Kalyani, Rambabu and others including you may meet those stringent requirements!!! :P :P :P :P

Chinmoy ! You are too humble. You have all the stringent qualities and more. I'm eager to see your Paperback/ hardbound soon in the stands with the glowing heading, 'Top 10'. Jay Ho. Tum Hoga Kaamyaab.

@Rambabu

I don't know if the Scriptwriter ( Destiny) has any script of that kind but the plain fact is I am the recipient of love, warm wishes that is going to stay for ever!!! Thanks, mate !

I too would go with that view ! with your command over the english language and your astounding knowledge on most things around you I am sure you will come up with something really interesting ! :)

@usha

I would repeat whatever I said to Rambabu's post, your reply just shows the kind of large heart that one so rarely comes across these days. I am truly humbled by the manner you showered your praise upon me. Even if I don't make it as an insignificant person who loves to express himself perfectly or imperfectly , to be a novelist, I would treasure your words!!! Thank you, all the very best!!!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
A good novelist has talent to make his readers addicted to read his novels. The skill of writing novel is much different than a short story writing.

Novel is nothing but a large stroy. If you have sufficient time, some theme and interest to write, just begin and stop thinking about qualities of a novelist. all novelists don't have same qualities.

That's true. No novelist,especially successful Novelists would check the list,"prime requisites" of novelist before starting a novel.
Novelist sees the world differently, they see the inherent meanings, slimily and absurd facts, they write on experiences, when they see sun and the earth, they took it differently.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Novelist sees the world differently, they see the inherent meanings, slimily and absurd facts, they write on experiences, when they see sun and the earth, they took it differently.

They look beyond the obvious. They see with their mental eye, not as others see with physical eye. This ability makes them reach the fringes of creativity.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
A novelist has multiple qualities. I wish to speak of just one. A novelist has the ability to paint a picture and make it move like a movie in our mind This, he does with the exceptional power of his words. An author like J. K. Rowling can also express magical phenomena with her words.
Ability to visualize is the quality of a writer that makes him stand out. If what we see are just hovering clouds over the sky, a creative writer sees a damsel in her dazzling attire.
A novelist has multiple qualities. I wish to speak of just one. A novelist has the ability to paint a picture and make it move like a movie in our mind This, he does with the exceptional power of his words. An author like J. K. Rowling can also express magical phenomena with her words.
Arthur Dowel. sees the earth and its signs as some specific lead to some detective stories, similarly some novel like treasure island or Don Quixote, we could find the constant visualization of series of events and when we get immersed into it try hard to differentiate between real and the imaginary, with Rebecca novel we are searching for the ghosts but with each character affecting them incidents one can find different signs of ghosts from here and there but still all in mystery, all these are magic of writing, which completely immersed us into their own world and it seems we are being controlled by stories till we are reading those.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.