Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In Maharashtra, Momos are available in a large number of restaurants only. But as popular street food, you get a variety of Chinese stuff , popular chaat varieties and my very favorite Vada-Pav, Pav Bhaji, Bhel etc. in every street and lane!

I too like street food like vada pav and all varieties of chaat ! There is a place here where you get crisp Dosas with every kind of filling - potato,cauliflower,mixed veg,egg,keema ,chicken ,,,,and all of them are very tasty

Do you get vada-pav there now? A few years back when I was in Bangalore, me and my friends walked for miles looking for decent vada-pav and chaat varieties as we were quite sick of eating army food! But we did not get vada-pav anywhere, it was not known then in South and the chaat we ate was quite horrible! But we got maggi at one of the stalls and it had typical South Indian taste with urad dal, curry leaves tadka, but it was quite enjoyable!

@Anand, I saw the pictures just now, they are really good! I hope played a lot in the snow!

You get vada pav here in a couple of places and chaat that you get here is really good...other than that since Mangalore has a very large student crowd coming from all over the country there is a wide variety of food available besides of course Mangalorean food .. :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In Maharashtra, Momos are available in a large number of restaurants only. But as popular street food, you get a variety of Chinese stuff , popular chaat varieties and my very favorite Vada-Pav, Pav Bhaji, Bhel etc. in every street and lane!

I too like street food like vada pav and all varieties of chaat ! There is a place here where you get crisp Dosas with every kind of filling - potato,cauliflower,mixed veg,egg,keema ,chicken ,,,,and all of them are very tasty

Do you get vada-pav there now? A few years back when I was in Bangalore, me and my friends walked for miles looking for decent vada-pav and chaat varieties as we were quite sick of eating army food! But we did not get vada-pav anywhere, it was not known then in South and the chaat we ate was quite horrible! But we got maggi at one of the stalls and it had typical South Indian taste with urad dal, curry leaves tadka, but it was quite enjoyable!

@Anand, I saw the pictures just now, they are really good! I hope played a lot in the snow!

Actually there was lot of snow at Rohtang pass.. But it was too cold out there even at 1 pm. We want to took more time but unfortunately we didn't able to spend more time than we thought.. But yes we surely enjoyed lot.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
From what I have been reading and watching on the Tv , apparently winter is very severe this year with many parts in India going below sub zero ...It must be the case in Shimla and other Himalayan towns as well...At the same time I feel that one should visit these places at least twice once to see the glorious snowfall during winter months and once during sumer when the landscape is green and lush ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

From what I have been reading and watching on the Tv , apparently winter is very severe this year with many parts in India going below sub zero ...It must be the case in Shimla and other Himalayan towns as well...At the same time I feel that one should visit these places at least twice once to see the glorious snowfall during winter months and once during sumer when the landscape is green and lush ..

You are absolutely right, the scene changes absolutely in some places. For instance, in Gulmarg in J&K where one finds 8-10 feet snow and tourists staying there overnight need three quilts and one fireplace as must items. People enjoy skiing from December to March on the ice while the snow still falling . The place suddenly converts in to lush green grounds where people enjoy camping and other activities. But a few KMs ahead at Khilanmarg one can still find lot ice.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You are absolutely right, the scene changes absolutely in some places. For instance, in Gulmarg in J&K where one finds 8-10 feet snow and tourists staying there overnight need three quilts and one fireplace as must items. People enjoy skiing from December to March on the ice while the snow still falling . The place suddenly converts in to lush green grounds where people enjoy camping and other activities. But a few KMs ahead at Khilanmarg one can still find lot ice.

Sounds absolutely divine, cant wait to visit these places , hopefully during the coming year ! :)

It should be true.. At both timing the places should have lots of changes. And yes people should surely visit them at both times at least once.

It should be true.. At both timing the places should have lots of changes. And yes people should surely visit them at both times at least once.

Down south the landscape remains more or less the same except that it gets lusher ,greener and may be cleaner during the monsoons, but mountains and high places are different and they need to be seen in all their different get ups :)

Down south the landscape remains more or less the same except that it gets luser ,greener and may be cleaner during the monsoons, but mountains and high places are different and they need to be seen in all their different get ups :)

That's for sure.. Those high places will have totally different looks in winter and summer. Both must be worthy to see.
valley-of-flowers-10.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Down south the landscape remains more or less the same except that it gets luser ,greener and may be cleaner during the monsoons, but mountains and high places are different and they need to be seen in all their different get ups :)

That's for sure.. Those high places will have totally different looks in winter and summer. Both must be worthy to see.

There are thousands and thousands places of tourists interest which do not change much even in high altitude, which are always laden with ice or feel snow-fall or have nothing but forests but tourists who love adventure go their for the sake of obtaining the blessings of Mother Nature who is always kind enough. One such place is Valley of flowers where I had been several times just for the sheer scenic beauty the place has on offer. Once there you would never want to come back.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10932]}

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There are thousands and thousands places of tourists interest which do not change much even in high altitude, which are always laden with ice or feel snow-fall or have nothing but forests but tourists who love adventure go their for the sake of obtaining the blessings of Mother Nature who is always kind enough. One such place is Valley of flowers where I had been several times just for the sheer scenic beauty the place has on offer. Once there you would never want to come back.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10932]}

WOW ! What a lovely picture ....I have heard so much about this place and want to see the place in all its glory in the coming year, this is one resolution that I want to keep up...visit all these beautiful places ! :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.