Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
AKP you have just made me recollect my childhood memories. You have uploaded fantastic photographs of Shimla, Manali and Rohtang Pass. Just amazing!

It will be great memories for mine too.. Never had such long journey in the past. So enjoyed lot. ;)

Have you seen the dam in Shimla and the longest tunnel built in the way to Shimla. Isn't it very interesting?

Among the 103 tunnels the Barog/Solan is the longest of them all which is my birthplace incidentally.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
AKP you have just made me recollect my childhood memories. You have uploaded fantastic photographs of Shimla, Manali and Rohtang Pass. Just amazing!

It will be great memories for mine too.. Never had such long journey in the past. So enjoyed lot. ;)

Have you seen the dam in Shimla and the longest tunnel built in the way to Shimla. Isn't it very interesting?

Among the 103 tunnels the Barog/Solan is the longest of them all which is my birthplace incidentally.

Yes.. I have seen it.. I have even read the board too about it is longest tunnel of all...

Dam in Shimla? Nope, haven't seen it or hear it either.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Yes.. I have seen it.. I have even read the board too about it is longest tunnel of all...

I think it is about Pandoh in Manali but photography is not allowed there

I haven't visited that either..

About local food... There was one famous thing at both places Shimla and Manali called Momos.. It is snack, outer part of it is made of menda and there was stuffed with some vegetables. It was serve with hot chilly sauce.. It was tasty indeed. At first we thought it is some non veg item, but both veg and nonveg available.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Finally journey ends.. I enjoyed lot during my Manali Shimla journey. Actually I came couple of days ago but got time now to come here.. How's everyone?

Whole journey was good. I able to see all what I dreamed. Thanks to all who gave their suggestion and ideas for my journey. One thing I missed most is home food.. :laugh: Finally ..

I am sure this is common thing for all in their long journeys. Isn't it? ;)

Good to know you had a good trip to some of the picturesque places. Missing home food during Journey has to be taken in to your stride. Because you had a memorable trip. You can have your home food always, But not a thrilling trip.

I normally love to eat taste whatever local food is available whether within the cuntry or outside.There is such a lot of variety and unless we make an effort we will miss out on many delicacies of the region...I remember feeling a little uneasy about tasting raw fish but when we visited Norway , some friends had invited us for dinner and a couple of dishes were made with raw fish and on tasting I found it delicious..same with japanese food where a lot of Raw fish is used in Sashimi and salads

That reminds me that Sushi is very popular dish all over the places. I am a vegetarian but I am told that this dish contains raw fish besides having other ingredients, mostly seafood. Most sushi restaurants are generally overcrowded here.

Yes it is and it is very healthy, in fact Japanese food is very healthy since they steam and use very little oil in most of their preparations....Sushi is a complete food with rice,raw fish ,mushroms and vegetables...very tasty !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I went there many years back. We have had our lunch in good restaurant. They served us with good Indian cuisine. It was like home cooked food.
The pictures are beautiful...makes me want to visit the place right away ! I am hoping to visit it and other places as well next year since not many days left now ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: AKP
Finally journey ends.. I enjoyed lot during my Manali Shimla journey. Actually I came couple of days ago but got time now to come here.. How's everyone?

Whole journey was good. I able to see all what I dreamed. Thanks to all who gave their suggestion and ideas for my journey. One thing I missed most is home food.. :laugh: Finally ..

I am sure this is common thing for all in their long journeys. Isn't it? ;)
Shimla is my favorite place and I have been there twice or thrice each year continuously, as mummy's native place is Shimla, and I have been quite familiar in and around those areas, and I like those places very much, and always when time permits now, twice or thrice each year to meet with maternal grand parents and maternal uncle.

http://mohanmekap.com/

About local food... There was one famous thing at both places Shimla and Manali called Momos.. It is snack, outer part of it is made of menda and there was stuffed with some vegetables. It was serve with hot chilly sauce.. It was tasty indeed. At first we thought it is some non veg item, but both veg and nonveg available.

Momos are very common snacks available allover North Indian footpaths, It simply is vegetable/meat roll that is served with chutney or sauce. Shimla and Manali are also full of them but then you can see many snacks vendors catering for the needs of tourists in by-lanes and main roads.

Momos are very common snacks available allover North Indian footpaths, It simply is vegetable/meat roll that is served with chutney or sauce. Shimla and Manali are also full of them but then you can see many snacks vendors catering for the needs of tourists in by-lanes and main roads.

Momos are available everywhere now, in my place every fast food joint has momos and spring rolls....Momos are delicious and healthy since they are steamed...I absolutely love them :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.