Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
AKP you have just made me recollect my childhood memories. You have uploaded fantastic photographs of Shimla, Manali and Rohtang Pass. Just amazing!

It will be great memories for mine too.. Never had such long journey in the past. So enjoyed lot. ;)

Have you seen the dam in Shimla and the longest tunnel built in the way to Shimla. Isn't it very interesting?

Among the 103 tunnels the Barog/Solan is the longest of them all which is my birthplace incidentally.

Yes.. I have seen it.. I have even read the board too about it is longest tunnel of all...

Dam in Shimla? Nope, haven't seen it or hear it either.

I think it is about Pandoh in Manali but photography is not allowed there

I haven't visited that either..

About local food... There was one famous thing at both places Shimla and Manali called Momos.. It is snack, outer part of it is made of menda and there was stuffed with some vegetables. It was serve with hot chilly sauce.. It was tasty indeed. At first we thought it is some non veg item, but both veg and nonveg available.

Momos are very common snacks available allover North Indian footpaths, It simply is vegetable/meat roll that is served with chutney or sauce. Shimla and Manali are also full of them but then you can see many snacks vendors catering for the needs of tourists in by-lanes and main roads.

Momos are available everywhere now, in my place every fast food joint has momos and spring rolls....Momos are delicious and healthy since they are steamed...I absolutely love them :)

@Suni.. And @Ushaji....

Is it? I have heard about them first time in Shimla. First time I thought it is some non veg item, but then I have read on some restaurant that veg is also available. Yes they were surely delicious.

So far I have never heard about them in Gujarat and Rajashthan.. It should be available north side.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
AKP you have just made me recollect my childhood memories. You have uploaded fantastic photographs of Shimla, Manali and Rohtang Pass. Just amazing!

It will be great memories for mine too.. Never had such long journey in the past. So enjoyed lot. ;)

Have you seen the dam in Shimla and the longest tunnel built in the way to Shimla. Isn't it very interesting?

Among the 103 tunnels the Barog/Solan is the longest of them all which is my birthplace incidentally.

Yes.. I have seen it.. I have even read the board too about it is longest tunnel of all...

About local food... There was one famous thing at both places Shimla and Manali called Momos.. It is snack, outer part of it is made of menda and there was stuffed with some vegetables. It was serve with hot chilly sauce.. It was tasty indeed. At first we thought it is some non veg item, but both veg and nonveg available.

Momos are very common snacks available allover North Indian footpaths, It simply is vegetable/meat roll that is served with chutney or sauce. Shimla and Manali are also full of them but then you can see many snacks vendors catering for the needs of tourists in by-lanes and main roads.

Momos are available everywhere now, in my place every fast food joint has momos and spring rolls....Momos are delicious and healthy since they are steamed...I absolutely love them :)

@Suni.. And @Ushaji....

Is it? I have heard about them first time in Shimla. First time I thought it is some non veg item, but then I have read on some restaurant that veg is also available. Yes they were surely delicious.

So far I have never heard about them in Gujarat and Rajashthan.. It should be available north side.

AKP, please refer to me as Usha which is my given name :) ....I am surprised that you dont have momos in your place ....I guess it is also because of the large number of North Eastern people living and settled down in Karnataka that this dish has become popular here..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Suni.. And @Ushaji....

AKP, please refer to me as Usha which is my given name :) ....I am surprised that you dont have momos in your place ....I guess it is also because of the large number of North Eastern people living and settled down in Karnataka that this dish has become popular here..

Ok...

After hearing you I am even more surprised that why I haven't seen this item before. I live in Gujarat, I have visited Rajasthan and Maharashtra many times.. And may be few other places too. But so far never seen it anywhere.

I thought it is special item of Shimla and Manali. But yeah it was tasty.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

@Suni.. And @Ushaji....

Ok...

After hearing you I am even more surprised that why I haven't seen this item before. I live in Gujarat, I have visited Rajasthan and Maharashtra many times.. And may be few other places too. But so far never seen it anywhere.

If you want to learn how to cook it (VERY EASY) Google Momos or Wontons recipes, you will find tons of them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: AKP

@Suni.. And @Ushaji....

Ok...

In Maharashtra, Momos are available in a large number of restaurants only. But as popular street food, you get a variety of Chinese stuff , popular chaat varieties and my very favorite Vada-Pav, Pav Bhaji, Bhel etc. in every street and lane!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Suni.. And @Ushaji....

Ok...

In Maharashtra, Momos are available in a large number of restaurants only. But as popular street food, you get a variety of Chinese stuff , popular chaat varieties and my very favorite Vada-Pav, Pav Bhaji, Bhel etc. in every street and lane!

May be then I have missed the name as I have seen them first time during this trip.. Yes other food you have mentioned is quite common out there.

I too like street food like vada pav and all varieties of chaat ! There is a place here where you get crisp Dosas with every kind of filling - potato,cauliflower,mixed veg,egg,keema ,chicken ,,,,and all of them are very tasty

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Saw the pics AKP and it looks like you had a great time at Shimla and Manali. Welcome back!
Saw the pics AKP and it looks like you had a great time at Shimla and Manali. Welcome back!

Thank u... Yes definitely we had wonderful time out there. And love to go for the same. Surely worthy places all of them.

I too like street food like vada pav and all varieties of chaat ! There is a place here where you get crisp Dosas with every kind of filling - potato,cauliflower,mixed veg,egg,keema ,chicken ,,,,and all of them are very tasty

Do you get vada-pav there now? A few years back when I was in Bangalore, me and my friends walked for miles looking for decent vada-pav and chaat varieties as we were quite sick of eating army food! But we did not get vada-pav anywhere, it was not known then in South and the chaat we ate was quite horrible! But we got maggi at one of the stalls and it had typical South Indian taste with urad dal, curry leaves tadka, but it was quite enjoyable!

@Anand, I saw the pictures just now, they are really good! I hope played a lot in the snow!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.