Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Unless I am definite about the price I find it difficult to bargain.But there are times especially in tourist spots where bargaining is essential , otherwise you may end up paying double the price !

I too do not bargain until I am very sure about the price and its proportion to the quality of the thing normally. But when I am visiting other places of tourist interest, I definitely bargain a lot because in such places prices are always unreasonably higher than the item's true worth. Of course many people find it below their dignity to bargain but I feel the price should be directly in proportion to its quality!

@Kalyani... Hmm.. Some people do this at every place even they know the price... But obviously not get success at most.

@Devyani... Yes its a good habit. It can save us from giving extra price at some places. Specially tourist place.

@Mohan.. I do the same as you mentioned. Even I am not good at this thing so mostly prefer malls and all that so that I can get proper discount.

True Anand...some people bargain for each and everything and try to get things cheaper than their actual price. But I hate to do that, I especially hate to bargain with green grocers for chilies and lemons and coriander for mere 2-3 rupees. But some people do that too, I think it is a kind of habit with many, they are not satisfied with their shopping unless they bargain for it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Unless I am definite about the price I find it difficult to bargain.But there are times especially in tourist spots where bargaining is essential , otherwise you may end up paying double the price !

I too do not bargain until I am very sure about the price and its proportion to the quality of the thing normally. But when I am visiting other places of tourist interest, I definitely bargain a lot because in such places prices are always unreasonably higher than the item's true worth. Of course many people find it below their dignity to bargain but I feel the price should be directly in proportion to its quality!

@Kalyani... Hmm.. Some people do this at every place even they know the price... But obviously not get success at most.

@Devyani... Yes its a good habit. It can save us from giving extra price at some places. Specially tourist place.

@Mohan.. I do the same as you mentioned. Even I am not good at this thing so mostly prefer malls and all that so that I can get proper discount.

True Anand...some people bargain for each and everything and try to get things cheaper than their actual price. But I hate to do that, I especially hate to bargain with green grocers for chilies and lemons and coriander for mere 2-3 rupees. But some people do that too, I think it is a kind of habit with many, they are not satisfied with their shopping unless they bargain for it!

Ha ha.. Yes it is like their habit. And yes at certain place I hate it too.. People should know the place where they can do it.. Specially because of that I was avoiding it everywhere in the past. But now I do it at some places like some tourist place and all that.. But I am not good at all.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: mohan manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

In many tourist spots they have a different price for locals and Foreigners.Once when we were in Goa my children were looking at some dresses and already the price was high but the moment some foreigners came , the shop keeper ran after them and began quoting double the price for a cotton dress.They bargained a little and paid almost that price ! When I asked the shop keeper why they were cheating them, the answer was, they can afford to pay ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am not comfortable in bargaining but my wife can do it well. Thanks to her.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I find bargaining very difficult. So I prefer to buy from fixed price shops. In fact, I cannot even stand nearby the scene of bargaining. I avoid going to market with anyone who will spend hours arguing for better price.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In many tourist spots they have a different price for locals and Foreigners.Once when we were in Goa my children were looking at some dresses and already the price was high but the moment some foreigners came , the shop keeper ran after them and began quoting double the price for a cotton dress.They bargained a little and paid almost that price ! When I asked the shop keeper why they were cheating them, the answer was, they can afford to pay ...

Yes Usha, in India everywhere the prices are different for the foreigners which is quite unfair. It is not like all foreigners are rich, in fact majority of them belong to middle classes and travel on budget but these people are anyway out to dupe everyone in sight! What is worse is the foreigners understand this fully well and thus, our country keeps falling in respect in their eyes! :blink:

Hello...

Honestly saying I was very poor in this stuff. In past I never care about this thing during any kind of shopping. But I learn little from my Uncle who is quite skilled in this stuff. :laugh:

Some people don't do it because they think about their status that's what i seen with many. Personally I was very shy kind of person in past that's why I wasn't able to do it. But now I am doing it at some level.

Many of you knows about my Manali trip.. I saw that people was bargaining lot. They were taking cloths of 1700Rs in just 600 to 700!!!! :woohoo: And I have also seen few people giving 1700 Rs for the same.

So what do you think about it? Can you do it?

There are certain places where you must bargain, like footpath markets, they start with 4 times as a practice. They can come down to half as soon as you try to leave and will settle for 1/3 as they still get 30% profit. But if you go to fixed price shops they will refuse to buzz an inch. They will fold their hands and show you fixed price sign-plates. I prefer to go to such shops while my wife goes to places where she pays double and still feels happy because because the shopkeeper reduced the price by half. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes Usha, in India everywhere the prices are different for the foreigners which is quite unfair. It is not like all foreigners are rich, in fact majority of them belong to middle classes and travel on budget but these people are anyway out to dupe everyone in sight! What is worse is the foreigners understand this fully well and thus, our country keeps falling in respect in their eyes! :blink:

Very true ! There is an ad now being constantly shown on TV called Incredible India ?? which really sums up how backward and uncouth our people are and how little civic sense we have ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true ! There is an ad now being constantly shown on TV called Incredible India ?? which really sums up how backward and uncouth our people are and how little civic sense we have ...

Yes that ad really sums up the attitude well. What is worse is not just the uneducated, even educated ones behave in a similarly gross manner!

And what is even more shameful is when the foreigners try to bargain, these people make fun of them openly! :blink:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.