Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Rambabu this is good painting. Thanks for that.

I would like to grab the books of all time. Such books are always interesting and it never lets is feel boredom. Every generation would prefer to read them.

True. A book should be able to stay forever conveying its messages to every new generation that comes. Mahabharata has been with us since centuries. That's the whole essence of a "Book of all time.'.
Many of the olden day literature written by the great authors of those days have stood the test of time and are considered classics today.the reason perhaps is because there was not sio much competetion those days and life was far more meaningful. However, we have far too many authors and written work today but quality too has come down so we really hav eot pick and choose from today's authors...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many of the olden day literature written by the great authors of those days have stood the test of time and are considered classics today.the reason perhaps is because there was not sio much competetion those days and life was far more meaningful. However, we have far too many authors and written work today but quality too has come down so we really hav eot pick and choose from today's authors...

Quality made them Immortal. Above all they have Universal appeal. They never kept in mind to win a Pulitzer or a Noble prize. This is the reason i think made those authors and their works immortal

I think more than lack of competition, I think it was because these people felt and experienced more deeply, I don't know really how to put it into words, but experience of grief, sufferings, personal losses, adventures etc. these authors felt were actually firsthand and lived by themselves and that reflected in their works. Times were also not easy and there were constant political and social turmoils happening then as compared to now. Now, these are the times of instant everything and no one is stopping to do in-depth research or even experience something for themselves before putting it into words. For example, when Irving Stone wrote The Agony and The Ecstasy, based on the life of Michelangelo, Stone himself learned stone carving and worked hard for almost four years, trying to recreate the same grueling conditions that Michelangelo worked under! Which is why the book is no less than a wonder itself!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
With all respect to John Ruskin I would like to add another classification - Books for some time. They are timely intervention and useful for the people living in that time. Their value can not be ignored.
With all respect to John Ruskin I would like to add another classification - Books for some time. They are timely intervention and useful for the people living in that time. Their value can not be ignored.

The times of Ruskin were different. Yes, I agree with you. for the addition of Books of some time. They d too serve a purpose for a particular section.
The books written by Rabindranath Tagore are evergreen. Not only Indians but also the foreigners would love to read them and learn many things from his writings.
The books written by Rabindranath Tagore are evergreen. Not only Indians but also the foreigners would love to read them and learn many things from his writings.

Undoubtedly Rabindranath Tagore's Nobel prize winning Gitanjali is a great book read by people of many countries..

Undoubtedly Rabindranath Tagore's Nobel prize winning Gitanjali is a great book read by people of many countries..

Munshi Premchand and Mahadevi Varma are also such renowned authors. Their books are always evergreen. We prefer to read them again and again.

Munshi Premchand and Mahadevi Varma are also such renowned authors. Their books are always evergreen. We prefer to read them again and again.

Yes. that's the quality of a book of all time. It makes you read again and again
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.