Do you think e-books and internet data will replace books one day? This has already happened to some degree :blink:

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you think e-books and internet data will replace books one day? This has already happened to some degree :blink:

No . Never. A printed book had its value. And continue to have its value despite e books, e readers or internet. The way in which Book fairs are taking place and rush to them speaks all.
Online tutorials and courses are beneficial for many people. I think e-books and internet data can replace books and paper works in many places. Although I would like to mention that it cannot totally replace it because PC works on energy. In few cases, we may not get chance to use internet or e-books.
When the concept of one day cricket emerged, every one thought that test cricket will vanish, but see we have even 20-20, but teams still play test cricket. Same goes to traditional books and e-books. Although e-books are more convenient and easy to read and have their own advantages, but just because e-books are in the market, you can't say traditional books will vanish :)

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
Online tutorials and courses are beneficial for many people. I think e-books and internet data can replace books and paper works in many places. Although I would like to mention that it cannot totally replace it because PC works on energy. In few cases, we may not get chance to use internet or e-books.

There is an adage, "A place for everything and everything in its place'. Books, especially printed books will have their place in tact.
The mindset of our people is that they would whole-heartedly accept anything if it is offered for free. So E-books and Internet are replacing printed books. Screen glare and eyestrain are a severe concern for numerous possible customers of e-book technologies. I never prefer Internet of reading books. Yet, I use it to order books online.
The mindset of our people is that they would whole-heartedly accept anything if it is offered for free. So E-books and Internet are replacing printed books. Screen glare and eyestrain are a severe concern for numerous possible customers of e-book technologies. I never prefer Internet of reading books. Yet, I use it to order books online.

I tried a couple times seeing the uproar and people going ga ga over e books. I downloaded some free apps in to my iPad including e reader and free ebooks. It hasn't taken much time to realize that there is no chance of fade out for printed books. The joy of reading a printed book is altogether a different proposition.
E books and internet can never replace the traditional books. As said by some of the members, the pleasure of book reading is something which we can never get from internet data. Though internet reading saves time, printed materials can be read more comfortably and leisurely. Personally, I read only short articles in internet but for longer articles or books I prefer traditional printed materials and books.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
E books and internet can never replace the traditional books. As said by some of the members, the pleasure of book reading is something which we can never get from internet data. Though internet reading saves time, printed materials can be read more comfortably and leisurely. Personally, I read only short articles in internet but for longer articles or books I prefer traditional printed materials and books.

E books will lead to severe eye strain due to glare. It's nothing but inviting trouble. The very purpose of book reading will be lost.
According to me, Once we buy something over the internet, it cannot taken back. At some places condition of replacement is given. But they too does not taken back their material. If buying over the internet. first think and then invest.
According to me, Once we buy something over the internet, it cannot taken back. At some places condition of replacement is given. But they too does not taken back their material. If buying over the internet. first think and then invest.

Its not about buying online. Its about the possibility of E Books replacing printed Books.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.