Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Love is altogether different from what we see on public display in parks and cultural/religion functions. Love exists by faith. Show business or multinational propaganda has nothing to do with that. I have nothing against love but vulgar display on a particular day is not my idea of love. In fact, love is something to strive toward and not make it a business. Festivals only reaffirm our faith in all good things of life or inspire us towards peace and harmony and not spread chaos in society. Whatever spreads hate, chaos and vulgarity in the society is no love and no single religion allows it. The need is to stay away from such funny ways of celebrating festivals, if the multinationals are polluting our festivals, it does not mean we allow another imported one to destroy our culture further in the name of love or freedom of expression. There are many more 'secret acts' in the name of freedom of expression may come in demand then.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Rakhi Yadav
Love is altogether different from what we see on public display in parks and cultural/religion functions. Love exists by faith. Show business or multinational propaganda has nothing to do with that. I have nothing against love but vulgar display on a particular day is not my idea of love. In fact, love is something to strive toward and not make it a business. Festivals only reaffirm our faith in all good things of life or inspire us towards peace and harmony and not spread chaos in society. Whatever spreads hate, chaos and vulgarity in the society is no love and no single religion allows it. The need is to stay away from such funny ways of celebrating festivals, if the multinationals are polluting our festivals, it does not mean we allow another imported one to destroy our culture further in the name of love or freedom of expression. There are many more 'secret acts' in the name of freedom of expression may come in demand then.

Exactly. True love is not exhibitionism. Exhibitionism may be good in some other cultures but not to the Indian society.
What I want to say is observe Valentine's day by all means, but well within the framework of societal practices. One need not pour love on his sweet heart on a Public road..
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Exactly. True love is not exhibitionism. Exhibitionism may be good in some other cultures but not to the Indian society.
What I want to say is observe Valentine's day by all means, but well within the framework of societal practices. One need not pour love on his sweet heart on a Public road..

Yes your expression of love should be beautiful not vulgar.

Love is a very tender and subtle emotion. It needs all the privacy . Public parks and roads are not the places for love.

Love is a very tender and subtle emotion. It needs all the privacy . Public parks and roads are not the places for love.

In some cultures it doesn't look vulgar even in public but we the Indians have turned it into one. On one hand we have Khajuraho that no one considers vulgar and on the other hand we find a hand holding couple out of place. Why? Just because we do it on particular days and then find the same act vulgar on other days. This over-show takes the grace out of the action.It doesn't look normal but something driven by the outer forces, the business-houses.

In some cultures it doesn't look vulgar even in public but we the Indians have turned it into one. On one hand we have Khajuraho that no one considers vulgar and on the other hand we find a hand holding couple out of place. Why? Just because we do it on particular days and then find the same act vulgar on other days. This over-show takes the grace out of the action.It doesn't look normal but something driven by the outer forces, the business-houses.

Vulgarity or decency depends upon the country's culture. Wisdom lies in acting according to them. Otherwise be prepared to look like an odd man out.

Vulgarity or decency depends upon the country's culture. Wisdom lies in acting according to them. Otherwise be prepared to look like an odd man out.

Yes every country has it's own traditions and customs. What seems normal in one country maybe objectionable in other. India has it's own unique customs and there is no need to mimic western society.

So what should we do? What do you suggest we should do in this country? Let's have your views on this point lease.

So what should we do? What do you suggest we should do in this country? Let's have your views on this point lease.

Use your discretion. Do what you are dictated by your heart, without encroaching on other's territory.
Doing over publicly is surely not good.. I don't mind about this day if two people meet generally on that day.. but yes they should understand the limit.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.