Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree that most of us have this tendency to play down our faults and make much of others' but as long as we realise that we are wrong , in our own minds and make amends to corrdct ourselves it is alright ! Someone once told me - If I accept my mistakes the others instead of appreciating it will make much of it and as it is they will never accept their own mistakes ! So we carry on...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree that most of us have this tendency to play down our faults and make much of others' but as long as we realise that we are wrong , in our own minds and make amends to corrdct ourselves it is alright ! Someone once told me - If I accept my mistakes the others instead of appreciating it will make much of it and as it is they will never accept their own mistakes ! So we carry on...

Accepting is entirely different from making a correction. We can accept our faults and at the same time overlooking the mistakes we keep committing. These both are part of the human nature, the only difference is some do accept their mistakes while others don't but they both keep doing the same old jobs.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Accepting is entirely different from making a correction. We can accept our faults and at the same time overlooking the mistakes we keep committing. These both are part of the human nature, the only difference is some do accept their mistakes while others don't but they both keep doing the same old jobs.

If one accepts his mistakes and overlooks the mistakes he committed is not the definition of nobility. It is half nobility. These overlooked mistakes will be carried on to the generation next and sends wrong signals. It's better if the person who accepted the mistakes should also take the pains of correcting the mistakes.
This is almost universal. Most of us try to beliitle own mistakes and magnify others'. That is why it is necessary to be close to critics for finding our own faults. This remind me of Kabir Das small poem 'Nindak niyare rakhiy'. (Be close to critics.)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
This is almost universal. Most of us try to beliitle own mistakes and magnify others'. That is why it is necessary to be close to critics for finding our own faults. This remind me of Kabir Das small poem 'Nindak niyare rakhiy'. (Be close to critics.)

Sant Kabir Das is a visionary and his sayings have universal appeal. I agree with you. critics, especially constructive critics help us to know our own follies. Don't avoid them. Be nearer to them.

Accepting our mistakes is the first and important step towards correcting them. By accepting, half the battle is already won. But the biggest enemy is denial - of our own mistakes as well as mistakes of our close ones, which is more damaging!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, this is a great quote. After all, this is human nature and there's nothing wrong in it, I think. But yes, one should at least appreciate the positives of the othre people.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Accepting our mistakes is the first and important step towards correcting them. By accepting, half the battle is already won. But the biggest enemy is denial - of our own mistakes as well as mistakes of our close ones, which is more damaging!

Yes very true ! In fact the ideal situation is to accept and make amends and learn through them and it helps you grow as a person but very few of us do this because ego comes in the way...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.