Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In Odisha, it is Chaitra nabaratri , and happy Gudi Padawa to all people of Maharashtra. I know this for first time, and forum is increasing my intelligent quotient and this time thanks to Abhijit

Thanks Mohan I am happy that you could know some things due to me. And reading forum here increases my knowledge too.

Very true Abhijeet! Forums have proved to be very beneficial for me too, and for everyone else, no doubts about it. The things we learn by interacting here are things that we could never have learned otherwise!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In Odisha, it is Chaitra nabaratri , and happy Gudi Padawa to all people of Maharashtra. I know this for first time, and forum is increasing my intelligent quotient and this time thanks to Abhijit

Thanks Mohan I am happy that you could know some things due to me. And reading forum here increases my knowledge too.

Very true Abhijeet! Forums have proved to be very beneficial for me too, and for everyone else, no doubts about it. The things we learn by interacting here are things that we could never have learned otherwise!

The same was with MyLot when I was pretty much active there. And apart from Boddunan, nothing else but MyLot gave me a lot of new things to learn. I cannot tell you how valuable these forums are.
I always consider 'Forums' as a treasure chest of knowledge and all about the things in Vogue. In this regard Article writing is easy, where you have enough time to think and you can add bit by bit and piece by piece to the article.
In forums you should have ready wit at the same time you should have ability to add something more to add 'Flavour' to the thread.
I always consider 'Forums' as a treasure chest of knowledge and all about the things in Vogue. In this regard Article writing is easy, where you have enough time to think and you can add bit by bit and piece by piece to the article.
In forums you should have ready wit at the same time you should have ability to add something more to add 'Flavour' to the thread.

Forums discussions can throw an idea to write up an entire article. The way we answer here, can be expanded with more points to make it a long article.

Forums discussions can throw an idea to write up an entire article. The way we answer here, can be expanded with more points to make it a long article.

This i have been doing since long. Especially the themes from News threads.

You mean new ideas for starting new threads? I know you are an old member here and have started many threads. It's really great!!!

You mean new ideas for starting new threads? I know you are an old member here and have started many threads. It's really great!!!

For anything be it for a new thread or an article. Ideas beget ideas.
Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal
@ rambabu -
Ugadi is being celebrated in AP today. Here are my advance Ugadi greetings to you and your family.

We celebrate Ugadi on the 14th of April every year, however I wish Happy Ugadi to all the members who clebrate it today... :)

Is the date 14th April fixed ? We have a few families from Karnataka living in our neighbourhood and they celebrate Gudi Padwa exactly like us today, so how come yours is on a different day?

In Karnataka too, people celebrate Ugadi on this day ( Chandramana Ugadi ) but a few communities in Mangalore ,Coorg and North Kanara celebrate it on the 14th of April ( Sauramana Ugadi) which is a fixed day every year !

Oh ok! I get it, So you celebrate the Sauramana Ugadi which coincides with the movement of the sun, isn't it?

Yes Kalyani we do, in fact even Krishna ashtami is celebrated differently here ...on two different days by different followers ...again for the same reason !

Yes , I had read about Krishna Ashtami, but did not know about Ugadi being celebrated on two different days in the same state! It is almost like the Bohris celebrating eid one day prior to the Shia and Sunni Muslims! I guess such minor differences will always be there in a country so vast and diverse! :cheer:

A few communities in Tamilnadu and all Thulu speaking people celebrate Ugadi on the 14th of April every year....I have a feeling it has to do with agricultural season as well ! We have the custom of bringing in tender paddy kernels into the house on that day and it is ready only during then.... :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ rambabu -
Ugadi is being celebrated in AP today. Here are my advance Ugadi greetings to you and your family.

We celebrate Ugadi on the 14th of April every year, however I wish Happy Ugadi to all the members who clebrate it today... :)

Is the date 14th April fixed ? We have a few families from Karnataka living in our neighbourhood and they celebrate Gudi Padwa exactly like us today, so how come yours is on a different day?

In Karnataka too, people celebrate Ugadi on this day ( Chandramana Ugadi ) but a few communities in Mangalore ,Coorg and North Kanara celebrate it on the 14th of April ( Sauramana Ugadi) which is a fixed day every year !

Oh ok! I get it, So you celebrate the Sauramana Ugadi which coincides with the movement of the sun, isn't it?

Yes Kalyani we do, in fact even Krishna ashtami is celebrated differently here ...on two different days by different followers ...again for the same reason !

Yes , I had read about Krishna Ashtami, but did not know about Ugadi being celebrated on two different days in the same state! It is almost like the Bohris celebrating eid one day prior to the Shia and Sunni Muslims! I guess such minor differences will always be there in a country so vast and diverse! :cheer:

A few communities in Tamilnadu and all Thulu speaking people celebrate Ugadi on the 14th of April every year....I have a feeling it has to do with agricultural season as well ! We have the custom of bringing in tender paddy kernels into the house on that day and it is ready only during then.... :)

I wonder how these practices vary from place to place. For us in AP Mango is the main ingredient of Ugadi celebrations. We make a Prasadam consisting of 'Shad Ruchis" or 6 tastes that represent the lives of the people. Then it is followed by "Panchanga Sravanam" where in the Pundits predict the possible happenings during the new year.
@ rambabu -

I wonder how these practices vary from place to place. For us in AP Mango is the main ingredient of Ugadi celebrations. We make a Prasadam consisting of 'Shad Ruchis" or 6 tastes that represent the lives of the people. Then it is followed by "Panchanga Sravanam" where in the Pundits predict the possible happenings during the new year.

I feel that festivals also reflect the life style of the people in a particular region and the practices too have evolved depending on nature and what is prevalent at that time...We too adorn the house with mango leaves and marigold flowerss both of which are available in plenty on Ugadi day...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.