Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Normally we listen and speak well. But these days, in TV shows, we can listen nobody as all partipants speak simultaneously.

Yes. Participants not only do not listen,but also go for personal abuse. Ultimately listeners would forget what the Topic was. It goes without saying listeners switch off their TVs and go for another channel.
TV debates are the worst and we can hardly make head or tail of what is being discussed....Sometimes back we all had a good laugh when my mother who is hard of hearing gave us some distorted news about a prominent politician from what she had gathered , having heard only bits and pieces from the ongoing debate.Till this day we tease her saying that she culd be sued for what she said ... :P

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

TV debates are the worst and we can hardly make head or tail of what is being discussed....Sometimes back we all had a good laugh when my mother who is hard of hearing gave us some distorted news about a prominent politician from what she had gathered , having heard only bits and pieces from the ongoing debate.Till this day we tease her saying that she culd be sued for what she said ... :P

I consider her she's blessed. Deafness in her case is a blessing in disguise. There is no use of hearing such meaningless stuff.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Nowadays people only want to talk and not listen to what others want to say or what they are saying! Communication, in this age of connectivity has become rather lopsided or one-way only!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nowadays people only want to talk and not listen to what others want to say or what they are saying! Communication, in this age of connectivity has become rather lopsided or one-way only!

Very true, even students have no patience to listen and want to talk about things that does not even concern the subject...I am all for broadening ones knowledge but unless you get your basics right you will be floating without any roots...I guess this is another aspect that parents have to take care of while bringing up their children..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
yeah its very true.

listening is such an art which i dont have. I also have no patience. Most of the time i respond very quickly and do not listen what other said..
yeah its very true.

listening is such an art which i dont have. I also have no patience. Most of the time i respond very quickly and do not listen what other said..

I sincerely advise you to amend the habit. It's always important to know other point of view. This in its turn helps in analyzing the things in a rational way and coming up with a convincing solution to the other member.
yeah its very true.

I sincerely advise you to amend the habit. It's always important to know other point of view. This in its turn helps in analyzing the things in a rational way and coming up with a convincing solution to the other member.

At times we may tend to be impulsive because we have so much going on in our minds and want to blurt out what we want to convey...But this cannot be done all the time and cultivated as a habit since it will be counter productive for us !

Very true, even students have no patience to listen and want to talk about things that does not even concern the subject...I am all for broadening ones knowledge but unless you get your basics right you will be floating without any roots...I guess this is another aspect that parents have to take care of while bringing up their children..

I guess parents are also to be blamed for this apathy towards others. Parents nowadays work outside home and when they are home, they are engrossed in their mobiles and laptops, they hardly ever sit with children and encourage them to talk about their lives, feelings etc. So children learn it the same way and maintain the same apathetic attitude towards other people! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.