Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My definition of God is a man who does good to others and to the society. I see God in Mahtma Gandhi. I see god in a landscape that causes solace to the mind and soul.

According to your definition, God is just any good human being. Thus you have no belief in the notion of some super power exercising control over the universe. I describe myself as an atheist. You also appear atheist but have covered this by changing the definition of God.

In fact i'm not an atheist, but a Rationalist. I see everything in real perspective

You have liberty to describe yourself in any way. Atheist is one who does not belive in God in the sense of omnipotent, omnipresent Supreme being the Creator. For you, this is not meaning of God. You define God very differently.

That's my way of seeing the things which is the characteristic of a Rationalist.

Is a rationalist also a confirmist in the sense he sees meaning in what exists.

This is actually for Ram Baboo to explain as he claims to be rationalist. To me, rationalist is one who believes in things as he sees. He will also accept any meaning what exists only so far as appears reasonable and logical.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My definition of God is a man who does good to others and to the society. I see God in Mahtma Gandhi. I see god in a landscape that causes solace to the mind and soul.

According to your definition, God is just any good human being. Thus you have no belief in the notion of some super power exercising control over the universe. I describe myself as an atheist. You also appear atheist but have covered this by changing the definition of God.

In fact i'm not an atheist, but a Rationalist. I see everything in real perspective

You have liberty to describe yourself in any way. Atheist is one who does not belive in God in the sense of omnipotent, omnipresent Supreme being the Creator. For you, this is not meaning of God. You define God very differently.

That's my way of seeing the things which is the characteristic of a Rationalist.

This is actually for Ram Baboo to explain as he claims to be rationalist. To me, rationalist is one who believes in things as he sees. He will also accept any meaning what exists only so far as appears reasonable and logical.

Unless I see, I do not believe in the existence of anything - Athiest.
Though , I do not see the wind, I feel it. So it exists -Rationalist.
Now you draw your own conclusions.
Neither do I see nor do I feel yet it exists --- Believers (Billions all over the world).
Neither do I see nor do I feel yet it exists --- Believers (Billions all over the world).

Yes, they are entitled to have their beliefs . They see everything unders sun, which others cannot.
Ultimately we are our own gods. As we think , we want to reinforce our doubts, and seek confirmation Our ego prevents us getting it from others so we go to Mandir for solace. Mandir in hindi means man and andhar meaning self inside us. so god is nothing but a manifestation of our own self. Perhaps Hinduism is the only religion which does not consider founders as divine to be worshiped. In fact Hinduism has no founder. It is away of life as the learned Dr Radhkrishnan has said.
Ultimately we are our own gods. As we think , we want to reinforce our doubts, and seek confirmation Our ego prevents us getting it from others so we go to Mandir for solace. Mandir in hindi means man and andhar meaning self inside us. so god is nothing but a manifestation of our own self. Perhaps Hinduism is the only religion which does not consider founders as divine to be worshiped. In fact Hinduism has no founder. It is away of life as the learned Dr Radhkrishnan has said.

Hinduism is well known as Sanatana Dharma, that which has no beginning and ending.. Your heart itself is a Mandir where you can see God.. Geeta says God is Nirupa, that which doesn't have a shape or form.

Unless I see- This does not mean seeing with eyes only. This is wider. Whatever you perceive- with any sense organ, ears, nose, touch- means that you have seen. You get touch of breeze, you breathe air. So atheist will belive in these. An atheist is an atheist because he is rationalist. Rationalist is a broader term whereas atheist is related to God only. I neither see God, nor smell, nor hear, nor touch. It does not matter that I just don't see God. even if I could smell him, feel his touch or otyherwise perceive him with any sense organ, I could belive in him. But God cannot be perceived with any sense organ and is thus a hypothetical entity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Unless I see- This does not mean seeing with eyes only. This is wider. Whatever you perceive- with any sense organ, ears, nose, touch- means that you have seen. You get touch of breeze, you breathe air. So atheist will belive in these. An atheist is an atheist because he is rationalist. Rationalist is a broader term whereas atheist is related to God only. I neither see God, nor smell, nor hear, nor touch. It does not matter that I just don't see God. even if I could smell him, feel his touch or otyherwise perceive him with any sense organ, I could belive in him. But God cannot be perceived with any sense organ and is thus a hypothetical entity.

Breeze is an example. Atheist demands a scientific or authentic proof. Where as a Rationalist looks at things on a logical way. Even the Vedas say, there is no form or shape to God. It amounts to the fact that anything that comes in to your imagination is considered as God. We say " It's a Godly Act." It means any thing good to the humanity is Godliness. That's why My definition of God varies. For me a good Samaritan is God.
They say Service to humanity is service to god. I don't want to waste my service serving the god, who cannot even acknowledge. And also I know who is going to enjoy my services. If I serve a human at least he acknowledges that gives me immense satisfaction. This is nothing but pure application of Rationale.
In human society, humans are responsible for both order and disorder. In nature who is responsible for order and disorder? Science explains why things happen the way they do, but who is in the background? This mystery is God.
In human society, humans are responsible for both order and disorder. In nature who is responsible for order and disorder? Science explains why things happen the way they do, but who is in the background? This mystery is God.

I would rather settle with 'Mystery" Not with God
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.