Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Finally. it all culminates to one single conclusion , "Individual's priorities and preferences." The individual's contentment ultimately counts.

True...it is after all a matter of personal choices! Some people put the wellbeing of their child first, some put personal careers ahead of all else!

By very definition, sacrifice involes 'losing something' for the benefit of 'someone'. The working mom sacrifices her career for the enefit of her child. So this is her sacrifice.[/quote

Sacrifices or whatever you call. They are necessary for having a blissful married life.

But why should it be the woman only who has to sacrifice?

I didn't say specifically it's the women to sacrifice. I meant both
Finally. it all culminates to one single conclusion , "Individual's priorities and preferences." The individual's contentment ultimately counts.

True...it is after all a matter of personal choices! Some people put the wellbeing of their child first, some put personal careers ahead of all else!

By very definition, sacrifice involes 'losing something' for the benefit of 'someone'. The working mom sacrifices her career for the enefit of her child. So this is her sacrifice.[/quote

Sacrifices or whatever you call. They are necessary for having a blissful married life.

Earlier, or even until recently, it used to be only women. But now, more and more people are recognising the benefits of raising their child together. So even husbands are now seen taking either a sabbatical or little less demanding jobs to help their wives. Even my husband who is a freelance artists, reduced his work to such an extent that he could dedicate several hours each day to help me when my son was born. For one full year he took only very few jobs. Since we do not have any in-laws or anyone else staying with us, it was a great and welcome relief for me. Also, at that time I had given up my career, and his being home made my transition from a working woman to a stay-at-home mother very easy! But of course, it all involved prior planning and a positive attitude on part of us both!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Earlier, or even until recently, it used to be only women. But now, more and more people are recognising the benefits of raising their child together. So even husbands are now seen taking either a sabbatical or little less demanding jobs to help their wives. Even my husband who is a freelance artists, reduced his work to such an extent that he could dedicate several hours each day to help me when my son was born. For one full year he took only very few jobs. Since we do not have any in-laws or anyone else staying with us, it was a great and welcome relief for me. Also, at that time I had given up my career, and his being home made my transition from a working woman to a stay-at-home mother very easy! But of course, it all involved prior planning and a positive attitude on part of us both![/quote

That's an important point you have pointed - A prior planning. Along with it both husband and wife should discuss pros and cons. weigh and implement. With the mutual consent and active participation, nothing seems impossible.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Earlier, or even until recently, it used to be only women. But now, more and more people are recognising the benefits of raising their child together. So even husbands are now seen taking either a sabbatical or little less demanding jobs to help their wives. Even my husband who is a freelance artists, reduced his work to such an extent that he could dedicate several hours each day to help me when my son was born. For one full year he took only very few jobs. Since we do not have any in-laws or anyone else staying with us, it was a great and welcome relief for me. Also, at that time I had given up my career, and his being home made my transition from a working woman to a stay-at-home mother very easy! But of course, it all involved prior planning and a positive attitude on part of us both!

You are lucky and kudos to both of you. This trend is increasing. Old timers do find it odd when husbands help their wives in table cleaning or other house hold chores. In nuclear families it is all the more necessary . Good luck.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

You are lucky and kudos to both of you. This trend is increasing. Old timers do find it odd when husbands help their wives in table cleaning or other house hold chores. In nuclear families it is all the more necessary . Good luck.

The times are changing and a new trend of sharing the problems in the family equally is emerging out. The feeling of that there is somebody who shares my burdens itself is the solution. And now this trend is gaining ground.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.