People can now book a train or a coach on the Internet. “I am expanding the scope of online booking. People can book a train, a coach, a berth and a seat in a chair car,” railway minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda said. The minister said the revamped e-ticketing system would be able to handle 7,200 tickets per minute and would allow 120,000 simultaneous users to log on to the railways website. Platform tickets and unreserved tickets will also be made available online.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It speaks of the new government 's keenness to avail the technology to the core .such measures save the people from the tortuous task of standing in serpentine queue for hours together.
Thank you said by: Manoj lamba
Also sms on status of stations in which train reaching and most of times it is difficult to know about existing stations in long distance travels.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Overall Rail Budget is a symbol for Modern outlook and people friendly measures.I appreciate the new government.
good to use technology for railways. previous govts. not taken steps for modernization of railway. hope this govt. will.
After independence, no worth mentioning reforms were done to improve the quality and functioning of Railways.. NDA has taken the initiative to put Railways on Right track.
After independence, no worth mentioning reforms were done to improve the quality and functioning of Railways.. NDA has taken the initiative to put Railways on Right track.

There has been constant improvement and development in Railways after independence. Tere has been constant increase of railway track, upgradation of various facilities. It will be total fallacy to assume that improvement begins from 2014 only. This is just ridiculous. even now whatever improvement is expected is largely attributed to previous governments.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There has been constant improvement and development in Railways after independence. Tere has been constant increase of railway track, upgradation of various facilities. It will be total fallacy to assume that improvement begins from 2014 only. This is just ridiculous. even now whatever improvement is expected is largely attributed to previous governments.

Our slowest trains and lack of safety and derailments once in a week show how the Railways developed by the previous governments.
Also sms on status of stations in which train reaching and most of times it is difficult to know about existing stations in long distance travels.

Mr Mohan, if you download the irctc app on your mobile you will get the information on individual train schedule giving the arrival/departure times at all stations, running train live status giving where the train is at a particular moment, trains passing from a particular station apart from booking facilities. It is in existence for nearly three years and is very helpful and informative. In fact railways have been using technology in a very big way. Now the time is ripe for increasing the server capacities as booking by internet is expanding at a very high rate. I have not gone to a station to book a ticket for more than five years now. I do all bookings on my mobile like so many others do.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.