Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Consumer electronic prices are regularly going down especially the types of laptop, phones, tv and domestic equipment. The chances are these will further go down with liberal policies of new government inviting hardware manufacturers in India. There was a scmeme announced offering to invest 500 crore by a Korean group of manufacturer in UP.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
Okay. I think we discussed it lot so please lock it. Let us see what will happen in upcoming months.
We should not expect the prices to fall , the moment the budget is out. It takes at least anywhere between 1-2 months for the reduced prices to appear in the market, unless the budget says "With immediate effect".

The revised central excise duty and customs duty get implemented immediately viz from midnight of the day budget is presented. So there is no question of any wait for one or two months as suggested.

Then why it's delay in implementing the revised prices ? After the revised prices are avaible, the consumer will get the benefit from the date of the budget approval ?

Suppose just the next day after budget I bought a laptop for unrevised rates. After implementing the new reduced rates, can I demand the difference of money showing the cash receipt?

No.You can only see the MRP given on the commodity and not pay any price above that but local tax is extra. Pricing policy of companies is independent of duty levied by government. Price depends on many factors. The manufacturer may pass on benefit of reduced duty in full or in part or not pass on at all. The government does not interfere with market pricing generally. The government may take action only in case of 'essential commodities' like vegetables, wheat etc under esseantial Commodities Act.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu, Dwarakanathan
We should not expect the prices to fall , the moment the budget is out. It takes at least anywhere between 1-2 months for the reduced prices to appear in the market, unless the budget says "With immediate effect".

The revised central excise duty and customs duty get implemented immediately viz from midnight of the day budget is presented. So there is no question of any wait for one or two months as suggested.

Then why it's delay in implementing the revised prices ? After the revised prices are avaible, the consumer will get the benefit from the date of the budget approval ?

Suppose just the next day after budget I bought a laptop for unrevised rates. After implementing the new reduced rates, can I demand the difference of money showing the cash receipt?

No.You can only see the MRP given on the commodity and not pay any price above that but local tax is extra. Pricing policy of companies is independent of duty levied by government. Price depends on many factors. The manufacturer may pass on benefit of reduced duty in full or in part or not pass on at all. The government does not interfere with market pricing generally. The government may take action only in case of 'essential commodities' like vegetables, wheat etc under esseantial Commodities Act.

Thank you for the info.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.