Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We should not expect the prices to fall , the moment the budget is out. It takes at least anywhere between 1-2 months for the reduced prices to appear in the market, unless the budget says "With immediate effect".

The revised central excise duty and customs duty get implemented immediately viz from midnight of the day budget is presented. So there is no question of any wait for one or two months as suggested.

Then why it's delay in implementing the revised prices ? After the revised prices are avaible, the consumer will get the benefit from the date of the budget approval ?

Suppose just the next day after budget I bought a laptop for unrevised rates. After implementing the new reduced rates, can I demand the difference of money showing the cash receipt?

No, because the excise duty cut will be implemented from budget day midnight. You are purchasing a laptop next day on which excise is already paid before revision when it left the factory. The manufacturers are under no obligation to pass on the excise cuts to customers and it is not illegal. However ED are cut generally to give a boost to a product whose market is stagnant and therefore generally the producers pass on the benefit to the customers as they want to increase their sales and rivals may have done it already. All depends on competition and supply demand scenario.
Recently in the budget it is mentioned that electronic items(Laptop) price will be reduced. But still there is no change in the price on the market. Usually budget announced on February and amendment comes from April. But this time due to election everything is happened late. Anybody know when the price will be reduced and how much difference in the price.

Laptops are being rapidly edged out by smartphones and tablets. It may be a wise decision to buy one of them rather than a laptop.
If your saying is true then why is the delay in reducing the laptop price. It still has same price in the market. I checked it and then only i asked this question in the forum. There is no announcement regarding this on newspapers also. They should clearly mention that when will the price will get reduced because we want to check the comparison of the price before buying a new one.
You can't compare laptop with smartphones and tablets because they have differ from memory,hard disk capacity,Processor speed etc. The money you spent for the laptop is worth comparing with the smart phone.
You may be right. But if they increase the price within the two months and after they are selling it with the same price what they sold then what is the use of announcement of reduction. The business tactics should not come here. Actual price will be the price at least from Rs.500 deducted from today's price after two or three months. Am i right?
When will they pass the benefit. Electronics prices are day by day increasing. If i buy a product two days before and wants to buy the same product after 7 days the price will be increased in the website of the manufacturers/trader.
You can't compare laptop with smartphones and tablets because they have differ from memory,hard disk capacity,Processor speed etc. The money you spent for the laptop is worth comparing with the smart phone.

It is not obligatory for the manufacturer to pass on the excise cuts to the consumer. Normally it is passed on. Naturally they will wait till old lots are sold out so that they do not suffer losses. Again it depends on demand andsupply.

I feel you should explore some smart phones costing around the price you are ready to pay for a laptop. You will be amazed at the features that are now a days available in smart phones/tablets. They are easy to carry and operate.Laptops are already facing the heat from smartphones and excise cut is an indication of that. However the final choice is yours.
Like price of petrol and diesel the electronics items prices are changing every week. Government already sanctioned the price fixation of gas to the benefit of gas companies. If it is happened in this case then there will be no benefit come to the point of customer.
When will they pass the benefit. Electronics prices are day by day increasing. If i buy a product two days before and wants to buy the same product after 7 days the price will be increased in the website of the manufacturers/trader.

@Dwarakanathan- please do not use two boxes in a row, that is against the rules of forums. If you have something to say to different members say it in same box or wait for a member to answer before you use another box. Thank you.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like price of petrol and diesel the electronics items prices are changing every week. Government already sanctioned the price fixation of gas to the benefit of gas companies. If it is happened in this case then there will be no benefit come to the point of customer.

The prices of electronic items generally change downwards due to them selling in larger volumes and thus production cost per item comes down and also due to increased competition and product innovations entering the market regularly. Gas prices are not allowed to be fixed by market forces and are administered by government from time to time. Generally the price at which you get electronic items are the right price because they are set by market demand and supply forces. Sometime back I purchased a smart phone for Rs 16,500 and after two months its price was revised to Rs 13,500 by the company. You just have to laugh it off.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.