Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Agreed no amount of fine levied on people can stop them from littering..but it can surely make wear helmets and wear seat belts. Some corporate companies make it mandatory to wear helmet without a helmet admission into the office premises is prohibited. I have seen this rule pays off..and people do abide by such rules.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Agreed no amount of fine levied on people can stop them from littering..but it can surely make wear helmets and wear seat belts. Some corporate companies make it mandatory to wear helmet without a helmet admission into the office premises is prohibited. I have seen this rule pays off..and people do abide by such rules.

This gesture on the part of some corporate companies is commendable and worth emulating by other organizations,
Imposing heavy fines surely helps. If a helmet costs 2000 and fine is 100 people will pay it. But if fine is 1500 or 2000 every one will think twice about paying fine. Minimum fine for violating traffic riles should start from Rs 1000 and it should be collected strictly on the spot or paid into a bank account. Till such time the driving licence shall remain in custody of the police. Not only Indians but every where people follow law also because of heavy fines.
Imposing heavy fines surely helps. If a helmet costs 2000 and fine is 100 people will pay it. But if fine is 1500 or 2000 every one will think twice about paying fine. Minimum fine for violating traffic riles should start from Rs 1000 and it should be collected strictly on the spot or paid into a bank account. Till such time the driving licence shall remain in custody of the police. Not only Indians but every where people follow law also because of heavy fines.

This happened with one of my friends, who was driving on the wrong side of the road..his DL was taken into custody and was fined around 1000/-. Next time onwards he was careful. :)

This gesture on the part of some corporate companies is commendable and worth emulating by other organizations,

Yes, small changes like these if adapted by corporate companies can go a long way to change people.

Yes, small changes like these if adapted by corporate companies can go a long way to change people.

True. Development in small increments will stay solid and strong forever.
First of all civic sense need t be taught to children right from early childhood - not throw anything in public places, not spit in public places and so on...For those who ar already grown up into litter masters fine is the only solution, the stricter the measures the better ! I have heard people say that they do not mind parking at no parking zones since the fine is just Rs 50 or Rs 100 and your job gets done .But now this attitude has come down in my city since the fine amount has been increased to Rs 200 and the tyre gets locked and the vehicle towed away...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, jabeen

This happened with one of my friends, who was driving on the wrong side of the road..his DL was taken into custody and was fined around 1000/-. Next time onwards he was careful. :)

Exactly heavy fines with transparent collection mechanism will go a long way in people being forced to follow the law and then it becomes a habit. While on a official trip to Switzerland a person in the company where I went was caught for over speeding on a road that had a speed restriction. His Driving Licence was suspended for six months. When I told him in India he could have got away by paying a bribe everyone around me was surprised and one of them said in that case the suspension could go up to two years. No doubt they look very disciplined to us.
The practice of lifting the wrongly parked vehicles by crane to a remote place has worked effectively. This practice has been extended to several other cities in AP
The practice of lifting the wrongly parked vehicles by crane to a remote place has worked effectively. This practice has been extended to several other cities in AP

Such practices should be carried out after providing enough parking space. This job here is given to contractors who lift generally two wheelers even when properly parked as they are paid on per vehicle basis. To some extent it helps, but friendly shopkeepers guide as to ehen the cranes are going to come.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.