Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's so true...I have actually stopped wearing a watch now since I carry a mobile with me. But on the downside, when there were no mobiles, I had memorized more than 50 phone numbers of friends, acquaintances, colleagues etc. but now with the mobile I can remember only very few numbers! It used to be a good exercise for the mind, not having a phone to rely on for numbers! :huh:

I guess its a problem with most of us. Earlier i was very good in remembering the telephone numbers and did not depend much on directory. But nowadays, I don't remember the mobile numbers of even my close friends. Apart from looking at the telephone numbers of friends, i also find it useful for finding my way in the dark for short distance
I depend on cell phone for all the items except sl 6 to sl 8. I'm unable to write on paper as well as read large texts in books. But with change n technology these things happen. The next generation will even not know how the past generatins did wthout cell phone. Incidentally, my father oft wondered how people use calculator for simple addition/ deletion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I depend on cell phone for all the items except sl 6 to sl 8. I'm unable to write on paper as well as read large texts in books. But with change n technology these things happen. The next generation will even not know how the past generatins did wthout cell phone. Incidentally, my father oft wondered how people use calculator for simple addition/ deletion.

I now fear that we have almost forgotten doing mental maths..what will our children do? Saying no to a cell phone has become so difficult as far as time and calculation is concerned.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

That's so true...I have actually stopped wearing a watch now since I carry a mobile with me. But on the downside, when there were no mobiles, I had memorized more than 50 phone numbers of friends, acquaintances, colleagues etc. but now with the mobile I can remember only very few numbers! It used to be a good exercise for the mind, not having a phone to rely on for numbers! :huh:

I guess its a problem with most of us. Earlier i was very good in remembering the telephone numbers and did not depend much on directory. But nowadays, I don't remember the mobile numbers of even my close friends. Apart from looking at the telephone numbers of friends, i also find it useful for finding my way in the dark for short distance

Same with me Jabeen! There are many arguments for and against use of cell phones and the supposedly cancer-causing risk associated with cellphones, we could never be sure of such risks. But THIS is one risk which is very much visible and that is, the capacity of our brain functions is decreasing due to cellphones. Now since we have a phone always at hand, we do not bother to memorise numbers, or do simple math calculations since it comes equipped with a calculator.! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I now fear that we have almost forgotten doing mental maths..what will our children do? Saying no to a cell phone has become so difficult as far as time and calculation is concerned.

We need not bother much. with advance in technology, we learn some skill but also forget the old. If life goes well, it matters little what you have learnt or what you have forgotten.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We need not bother much. with advance in technology, we learn some skill but also forget the old. If life goes well, it matters little what you have learnt or what you have forgotten.

Forgetting and leaving behind this gadget seems to be difficult and less likely even in the near future. But i think, the responsibility of minimizing the use of this gadget lies with us now.

Forgetting and leaving behind this gadget seems to be difficult and less likely even in the near future. But i think, the responsibility of minimizing the use of this gadget lies with us now.

It was thought that, life is meaningless without Radio. Same with TV and now CELL.
From this one can understand that Cell will take the same route. Nothing can stop or immobilize human life. It has seen many ebb and tide like these. Life will go on.

It was thought that, life is meaningless without Radio. Same with TV and now CELL.
From this one can understand that Cell will take the same route. Nothing can stop or immobilize human life. It has seen many ebb and tide like these. Life will go on.

TV and radio are still in use...in fact most of the people while driving tune in to radio and tv can never be completely replaced or outdated. Same holds true for a cell phone..the usage of a cell phone can go down but i doubt if we can give it up completely.

TV and radio are still in use...in fact most of the people while driving tune in to radio and tv can never be completely replaced or outdated. Same holds true for a cell phone..the usage of a cell phone can go down but i doubt if we can give it up completely.

You doubt. But I'm sure,, everything gas to go. Cell is not an exception

With the advent of FM and internet radio, vitality of both transistor and smart phones always on high, and smart phones has capacity to run fm and that creates it a status of allrounder. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.