Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I must admit we talk big but when it comes to practical we end up too badly. In my city the noise and air pollution was more than that of last year and the firecrackers left hundreds of tons of garbage behind on roads and parks.

Yes i agree with you. My city also has the tons of garbage behind on roads. People are showing interest on firecrackers but not cleaning it after everything is finished. The road gets cleaned on the next day when the sweeper arrived in our area and cleaned all those garbage.
Thank you said by: suni51
Here in Mangalore the corrators and other concerned people are seriously thinking of having a community celebration on grounds on the outskirts of the city so that you don't miss out on the fun of crackers and attractive fireworks and others who are unable to afford could also join in.The money will be collected through voluntary donations....I feel this is a good idea if it takes off since there are plans to invite children from orphanages and old age homes...

If this idea works ,people celebrating new year in foreign countries, gathering in one place and watch the fun of crackers the same idea exhibit here,everybody gets happy and did not waste the money spending towards crackers.

You are right, I was in Sydney on Australia Day the 26th January, it's a 3-4 days celebration held at two places Olympic Park and Diamond Harbour. People gather to enjoy the fireworks on mass level.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As long as people are responsible and dont go berserk it is alright to have a few lights and fire crackers and also clean up the mess you have created. Most of the streets become so messy after the celebrations and we expect the government and authorities to do the clean up. This why I feel that community celebrations shd be encouraged where people gather in one place like they do in UK on Guy Fox day and in other countries too to witness fireworks and pay a certain amount so that the place gets cleared up after the celebrations...

I too feel the same but problem with our country is the population! In UK the population is not so large as ours and hence the festivities of bonfire and firecrackers on Guy Fawkes Day can be enjoyed by all. If we tried that here, all we would experience is jostling and stepping on each others' feet and may also end up crushing many to death! :blink: All in all, there is also no proper reasoning and logic to the way things are celebrated here. Firecrackers are no longer limited to only Diwali now, here in Pune, we face this monstrosity almost all around the year, during numerous politician's birthdays, weddings, cricket matches, there is no end to the occasions. And also after the occasion, no one even bothers to clean up the trash they generated! :blink:

Yes, true..i too witnessed a decline in the use of fire crackers during diwali this year in Pune..but still there are few who like to disturb people around by celebrating as early as 6 and as late a 1 or 2 in the morning.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Happy Diwali and New Year to all friends.. Wish you all have wonderful new year.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
To a certain extent awareness is spreading among people and in my city this year was a very quiet Diwali with the city streets remaining clean ...In fact, the PM's Swachata drive has been taken seriously since we have BJP MPs here who are quite committed and are bringing in awareness through pamplets and through the ;local radio and TV channels

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

happy diwali to all of you.
happy diwali to all of you.

Do not insert links to other blogs or even your personal blog or else it will be treated as spam.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: girishchouhan5
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.