Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In Mangalore we had a drive by environmentalists who senr pamphlets asking people not to waste money on fireworks, which seems to have worked because we can hardly hear or see any fireworks this time. Personally I miss all the lights and colors ...

We in north are not as fortunate but the sales of firecrackers seem to have gone double compared to last years. So many cities have reported fire on mass scale but people are learning no lessons.

There needs e a total ban on high intensity fire works. Only low noise low sound crackers should be permitted. Besides, it is better to lit lights than pollute the enviroment with sound and smoke.

Happy Diwali. Instead of spending much money towards crackers we can save that money and spend that money towards the poor and needy persons. Yearly once I and my friends are spending the money for the poor peoples on this day. This way we are celebrating Diwali in happy manner. I wish rambabu sir and his family on this day and hope he will return back and continue his position as a top member in boddunan community.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
In Mangalore we had a drive by environmentalists who senr pamphlets asking people not to waste money on fireworks, which seems to have worked because we can hardly hear or see any fireworks this time. Personally I miss all the lights and colors ...

We in north are not as fortunate but the sales of firecrackers seem to have gone double compared to last years. So many cities have reported fire on mass scale but people are learning no lessons.

There needs e a total ban on high intensity fire works. Only low noise low sound crackers should be permitted. Besides, it is better to lit lights than pollute the enviroment with sound and smoke.

Happy Diwali. Instead of spending much money towards crackers we can save that money and spend that money towards the poor and needy persons. Yearly once I and my friends are spending the money for the poor peoples on this day. This way we are celebrating Diwali in happy manner. I wish rambabu sir and his family on this day and hope he will return back and continue his position as a top member in boddunan community.

I have been doing this for last 12 years. We stopped buying firecrackers in 2002 and donating some money to orphanage of my area.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I have been doing this for last 12 years. We stopped buying firecrackers in 2002 and donating some money to orphanage of my area.

Good.Keep it up. Actually people are giving much importance to crackers. If they give that importance to their parents old age homes count will come less.
Here in Mangalore the corrators and other concerned people are seriously thinking of having a community celebration on grounds on the outskirts of the city so that you don't miss out on the fun of crackers and attractive fireworks and others who are unable to afford could also join in.The money will be collected through voluntary donations....I feel this is a good idea if it takes off since there are plans to invite children from orphanages and old age homes...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Here in Mangalore the corrators and other concerned people are seriously thinking of having a community celebration on grounds on the outskirts of the city so that you don't miss out on the fun of crackers and attractive fireworks and others who are unable to afford could also join in.The money will be collected through voluntary donations....I feel this is a good idea if it takes off since there are plans to invite children from orphanages and old age homes...

If this idea works ,people celebrating new year in foreign countries, gathering in one place and watch the fun of crackers the same idea exhibit here,everybody gets happy and did not waste the money spending towards crackers.

This year, there is a marked decrease in usage of fireworks in Pune too. Each year, for the three main days of diwali, it is almost as of you will become deaf and blind, the noise of crackers is so high and the smoke and light levels cross the limits of sanity. But this year, hardly any firecrackers are seen. Although I doubt it is less to do with environment and more to do with increased prices of the firecrackers! :dry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This year I have unique Deepavalli than previous years, as impressed by PM's call for clean India and health minister also repeated this, I have comparatively green deepavalli and feeling proud at least on some decimal points able to perform a clean and green Bharat. Happy Deepavalli to all.

http://mohanmekap.com/

As long as people are responsible and dont go berserk it is alright to have a few lights and fire crackers and also clean up the mess you have created. Most of the streets become so messy after the celebrations and we expect the government and authorities to do the clean up. This why I feel that community celebrations shd be encouraged where people gather in one place like they do in UK on Guy Fox day and in other countries too to witness fireworks and pay a certain amount so that the place gets cleared up after the celebrations...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
I must admit we talk big but when it comes to practical we end up too badly. In my city the noise and air pollution was more than that of last year and the firecrackers left hundreds of tons of garbage behind on roads and parks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
As long as people are responsible and dont go berserk it is alright to have a few lights and fire crackers and also clean up the mess you have created. Most of the streets become so messy after the celebrations and we expect the government and authorities to do the clean up. This why I feel that community celebrations shd be encouraged where people gather in one place like they do in UK on Guy Fox day and in other countries too to witness fireworks and pay a certain amount so that the place gets cleared up after the celebrations...

I too feel the same but problem with our country is the population! In UK the population is not so large as ours and hence the festivities of bonfire and firecrackers on Guy Fawkes Day can be enjoyed by all. If we tried that here, all we would experience is jostling and stepping on each others' feet and may also end up crushing many to death! :blink: All in all, there is also no proper reasoning and logic to the way things are celebrated here. Firecrackers are no longer limited to only Diwali now, here in Pune, we face this monstrosity almost all around the year, during numerous politician's birthdays, weddings, cricket matches, there is no end to the occasions. And also after the occasion, no one even bothers to clean up the trash they generated! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.