Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Excellent Sir.  It is so great to know that you are bringing so much cheer to the children of the very poor.

In fact, a number of IT boys in metros like Chennai and Hyderabad, am told, volunteer to do some help like the one you do, on weekends, when they find time.  I do a bit, though I do not find too much time.

The joys of relating to such innocent people, who are mostly unselfish, cannot be explained in words.  We need to learn how to cope with life in its various forms, and I do learn a lot from them.

Hats off to you Sir, and may God be with you, forever.

Excellent Sir.  It is so great to know that you are bringing so much cheer to the children of the very poor.

In fact, a number of IT boys in metros like Chennai and Hyderabad, am told, volunteer to do some help like the one you do, on weekends, when they find time.  I do a bit, though I do not find too much time.

The joys of relating to such innocent people, who are mostly unselfish, cannot be explained in words.  We need to learn how to cope with life in its various forms, and I do learn a lot from them.

Hats off to you Sir, and may God be with you, forever.

In the initial stages many people started spreading rumours that I had been collecting money as tuition fees. I did not bother. The parents of the children banged those rumour spreading people left and right and revealed the reality that my efforts are selfless and made those mouths shut forever.

All your points about not socializing and everything is valid, but life has become hectic indeed. When parents are unable to spend quality time with their own kids, how can they be expected to socialize with their neighbors. I agree that some form of interaction should be there at least with our neighbours more so because we step out of our home and here neighbours can keep you company. However, when people get time on Saturdays they take up their daily tasks and on Sunday they find time to relax and enjoy with their family. So here there is no time for community interactions. And like Dwarkanathan said, some people probe and ask personal questions, which may not go well with many hence lesser the interaction and lesser the intrusion. Also, I have never seen men socializing with other men staying in the same apartment, only women who stay at home do. The solution is to open up a little bit and try to know at least our immediate neighbours. See if they are good to be around and socialize.

'

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

All your points about not socializing and everything is valid, but life has become hectic indeed. When parents are unable to spend quality time with their own kids, how can they be expected to socialize with their neighbors. I agree that some form of interaction should be there at least with our neighbours more so because we step out of our home and here neighbours can keep you company. However, when people get time on Saturdays they take up their daily tasks and on Sunday they find time to relax and enjoy with their family. So here there is no time for community interactions. And like Dwarkanathan said, some people probe and ask personal questions, which may not go well with many hence lesser the interaction and lesser the intrusion. Also, I have never seen men socializing with other men staying in the same apartment, only women who stay at home do. The solution is to open up a little bit and try to know at least our immediate neighbours. See if they are good to be around and socialize.

Socialization is a mandatory aspect in our flat. All males and females meet on a specific day in the cellars of our flat. How this activity helped each one of us was evident during the Hudhud cyclone. All of us in turns kept a vigil to warn the quick changing weather. In the month of Kartik, we all go for picnic and have our lunch in the open underneath the trees as is the custom.

'

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.