Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thanks for all the views.  Yes the so-called "convenience" factor seems to have come in a big way.  Every single woman talks about it, and those who try to argue about customs, is not so much welcome.

Yet, going the traditional way, at least on major religious days or festival days, is a good thing.  It will positively help to preserve something that has been a big part of our culture for decades or centuries.  We cannot totally do away with any aspect of any culture just like that.

The only factor here is not convenience nor it means that we are doing away with our culture. It is simply that we are adapting to changing times> Our costumes were quite different a few decades ago, do we still wear them? Would they look good today if we wore a nine-yard sari or a ghagra-choli in office? No! But we still wear those costumes when occasion demands. So is the case with bangles and other similar stuff/. Another point I should have mentioned that, a woman wearing lot of bangles in office is not really welcome. The bangles make clinking noise, in fact a melodious noise, but when in office it becomes distracting and irritating. So it is simply not reasonable to wear them to office.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks for all the views.  Yes the so-called "convenience" factor seems to have come in a big way.  Every single woman talks about it, and those who try to argue about customs, is not so much welcome.

Yet, going the traditional way, at least on major religious days or festival days, is a good thing.  It will positively help to preserve something that has been a big part of our culture for decades or centuries.  We cannot totally do away with any aspect of any culture just like that.

The practice in AP is, even working women on festivals, will appear with fully bangled hands, wearing Pattu (Silk) sari and bedecked with flowers in their hair to the offices especially on Varalakshmi Puja, which is not an office holiday. We, Telugus will give a bigimportance to customs and traditions.

Wearing bangles and other ornaments has nothing to do with religion. People all over the world are wearing them for their own satisfaction. If the ladies are not wearing bangles that's their personal choice but as I said there is nothing religious about all these things.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Wearing bangles not only depends on the women choice it should be considered as per the office rules. Some offices will not allow the persons who put nama on his face. Mostly women wearing their cultural ornaments when they are visiting their neighbor or during festival season.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I feel amused when i see ppolice women wearing bangles while in police uniform. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Police department must have allowed her. But in some organizations wearing bangles while on duty is not allowed.

Police department must have allowed her. But in some organizations wearing bangles while on duty is not allowed.

Bangles are never worn by army women (Army Medical corps has women officers). But tere is not good discipline in police. So you will find such things in police. Police department cannot allow wearing bangles while on duty but this is just ignored. . 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Bangles are never worn by army women (Army Medical corps has women officers). But tere is not good discipline in police. So you will find such things in police. Police department cannot allow wearing bangles while on duty but this is just ignored. . 

Some departments simply make rule, that's never implemented .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.