Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Although I don't buy second hand things, I have realized now that selling used items even if it is 6 months old is really tough. Websites that promote themselves where you can sell any used items are all fake they just get money by no.of accounts that we make and the no.of hits may be..but these sites don't help at all.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

It's a simple thing. Used clothes and used mattresses are forbidden from buying because of hygienic reasons. There is no necessity of going to websites dedicated to selling secondhand things.

What about used cot, used sofa set and used exercise equipment, these can be cleaned and are hygienic to buy- do you agree?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

What about used cot, used sofa set and used exercise equipment, these can be cleaned and are hygienic to buy- do you agree?

Depends. If you know the previous user, definitely you can buy.

Mousumi, cots can washed with soap water and dried in sun making them fit to use. Sofas can be cleaned and disinfected by professional who can now easily be found in all major cities, Pune has many such firms which clean sofas well. Same goes for exercise equipment, after all these things are normally made of metal, fiber and plastic and have not absorbed body fluids of previous owners. So with proper cleaning, using alcoholic wipes and sun drying, these can be bought second hand and used.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Mousumi, cots can washed with soap water and dried in sun making them fit to use. Sofas can be cleaned and disinfected by professional who can now easily be found in all major cities, Pune has many such firms which clean sofas well. Same goes for exercise equipment, after all these things are normally made of metal, fiber and plastic and have not absorbed body fluids of previous owners. So with proper cleaning, using alcoholic wipes and sun drying, these can be bought second hand and used.

True. In cities, where the secondhand things are sold, the sellers themselves are providing the cleaning kits, additionally  the buyer can avail the services of their Cleaners for a small price.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.