Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have bought a second hand car, books and some really old furniture that I got for a song...got it repaired and polished ..Our house too was second hand, but we got it rennovated.I dont buy second hand clothes or vessels..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Exactly. Avoiding buying of secondhand things is applicable to certain household goods like utensils, mattresses, pillows etc. I bought many books from chandini chock of HyderabadIf.  real and authentic antiques are worth buying secondhand.

Books are the best things worth buying second hand. It is content that matters; not the cover page.

Books are no doubt are the things to be reached at any cost literally. But buying household things and used cloths secondhand are forbidden.

rambabu wrote:

Books are no doubt are the things to be reached at any cost literally. But buying household things and used cloths secondhand are forbidden.

Yes. Books can be bought in secondhand. One should not by clothes and pillows by secondhand. As it will affect the persons health in some manner.

geetha wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes. Books can be bought in secondhand. One should not by clothes and pillows by secondhand. As it will affect the persons health in some manner.

Exactly, the article stresses on avoiding buying such things secondhand  which are likely to play a role in damaging the health of the buyer.

The best ever purchase I made was an old Merit sewing Machine from a friend who wanted to get rid of it because of lack of space ...I got it repaired and have been using it regularly for all my repair work, stitching pillow cases, cushion covers etc etc and more importantly my children too have learnt to use it. I am amazed at how good these old machines are, so sturdy and solid..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The best ever purchase I made was an old Merit sewing Machine from a friend who wanted to get rid of it because of lack of space ...I got it repaired and have been using it regularly for all my repair work, stitching pillow cases, cushion covers etc etc and more importantly my children too have learnt to use it. I am amazed at how good these old machines are, so sturdy and solid..

You have rendered a great help to your friend, who wanted to get rid of his machine. And you  in return got a thing of utility. A good buy indeed. Years ago, my wife also did the same thing which over the years helped my children learn stitching.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

The concept of flea market and buying second hand clothes, pillows etc. is quite prevalent in western countries and is new to us. Instead of throwing old things in dump, they simply give it away or sell it in flea markets where those who cannot buy new things can get stuff cheaply. I personally can never think of buying such things, but I do buy secondhand books a lot. Buying second hand stuff was once quite below dignity, but with websites like olx and quikr etc. it is also now becoming quite fashionable.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There are certain things like Books, antiques provided they are genuine one can go and buy.. These used pillows and mattresses cause health related problems.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.