Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I don't buy second hand items and am equally bad at selling my used furniture or any other article. :(

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Do you know that if your furniture is of antique value, it can fetch loads of money?

The one thing I would never sell is old wooden furniture since they develop a character and elegance of their own as they mellow and grow old

...The older the better they begin to look if they are well cared for and maintained..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As I was going through Quicker's local listing I saw someone selling his Samsung galaxy 4  at throw away prices, i was tempted but held my horses.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

As I was going through Quicker's local listing I saw someone selling his Samsung galaxy 4  at throw away prices, i was tempted but held my horses.  

Such things are harmless as far as hygiene and health is concerned. I think you should go for it. No Fikr.

I usually buy new items.People are selling the old items comparing with the new item. When they bought the value of the item may be less but they compare it with today market price at wants to sell the item. For example a person bought a P4 machine on 2005 for rs.30000 but he wants to sell that Pc for Rs.8000 and above. Every product has a depreciation value. If we buy a new product we will get warranty period service for the new product but we cannot get the same with old items. Some old items are exceptions from this category.

True. Old items like Books,antiques etc can be bought secondhand. In Parry's corner, Chennai, I bought decorative brass flower vases for a throwaway price. The advantage in secondhand marketing is we can bargain.

Well, it is very tricky for me to get second hand stuff

1. I got a lot of hand-me-down clothes from my elder sister, so i seldom experience something new. The new clothes i wore was for my wedding :) 

2. When i moved out of my home to stay closer to work, i brought many second hand items; which of course I sun dried them and used it for almost 3 years before giving them away to our office sweeper. Second hand things i took from my uncle were mattresses, beds, utensils and refrigerator 

I feel that buying second hand items from a known person (like uncle,aunt,sister,etc) is better than buying from a stranger!!!

Swetha Shenoy

Well, it is very tricky for me to get second hand stuff

1. I got a lot of hand-me-down clothes from my elder sister, so i seldom experience something new. The new clothes i wore was for my wedding :) 

2. When i moved out of my home to stay closer to work, i brought many second hand items; which of course I sun dried them and used it for almost 3 years before giving them away to our office sweeper. Second hand things i took from my uncle were mattresses, beds, utensils and refrigerator 

I feel that buying second hand items from a known person (like uncle,aunt,sister,etc) is better than buying from a stranger!!!

Hey Swetha, great seeing you after a long time!

True, it is better to get such things from your own relatives than buying from strangers. For students and working single people such as you, buying or getting stuff from relatives and friends is a good option, one can always buy new stuff when settling in your own home permanently!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Buying or taking secondhand things is welcome, if you know the person and his usage habits. Even if one goes for secondhand things from a known person or relative who is unhealthy, it is not wise to go for such things.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.