The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Ok. Customs vary. But I'm hearing for the first time that there are 4 Navaratris.

Navratri????? Navratri is celebrated from nine days prior upto Dussehra not now. Right now we are celebrating Gudhi Padwa, called Ugadi in south, which will end on Ram Navami to be celebrated this Saturday!

Baby angel, I request you to consider the relevance of the topics that you wish to start.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

rambabu wrote:

There is only One Navaratri for us. That is DASARA. It is known with different spelling variations lik DUSSEHERA or DASARAH. People from south do not know anything about the Navaratri mentioned in the thread.

But here in north side we have 2 navratra celebration sir. As I mentioned in my above post that there are 4 navratris in a year but the 2 of them are not known my 95% people. Even I wasn't aware of it but recently I came to know about it when I heard few saints talking about it and then I inquired one of my aunt who is pandit by caste and they do lots of pujas and havans. She told me that yes their are 4 navratris but only 2 are celebrated.

Of course they are 4 navratras, current Navratra is being celebrated for Lord Shriram. but navratri is commonly associated with Goddess Durga which is celebrated prior to Dusshera. Also I see no point in discussing about all other Navratras which have really no considerable significance other than that of religion.

True  Kalyani. Navaratri which is named as "Durga Pooja" in Bengal starts with Shashti, then maha Saptami until the ninth day, the final day of Durga Pooja 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

There is only One Navaratri for us. That is DASARA. It is known with different spelling variations lik DUSSEHERA or DASARAH. People from south do not know anything about the Navaratri mentioned in the thread.

But here in north side we have 2 navratra celebration sir. As I mentioned in my above post that there are 4 navratris in a year but the 2 of them are not known my 95% people. Even I wasn't aware of it but recently I came to know about it when I heard few saints talking about it and then I inquired one of my aunt who is pandit by caste and they do lots of pujas and havans. She told me that yes their are 4 navratris but only 2 are celebrated.

Of course they are 4 navratras, current Navratra is being celebrated for Lord Shriram. but navratri is commonly associated with Goddess Durga which is celebrated prior to Dusshera. Also I see no point in discussing about all other Navratras which have really no considerable significance other than that of religion.

Mam you are right there is no need of discussing about all navratras here but in north side this navratra is also equally important as that celebrated during Ram Navmi. May be this difference is because of the regions but in whole north it is celebrated in this season also with equal importance.

a.s.
baby angel wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Mam you are right there is no need of discussing about all navratras here but in north side this navratra is also equally important as that in celebrated during Ram Navmi. May be this difference is because of the regions but in whole north it is celebrated in this season also with equal importance.

Kalyani's suggestion is relevant because there are chances of mistaking this Navaratri with Dasara.

rambabu wrote:
baby angel wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Mam you are right there is no need of discussing about all navratras here but in north side this navratra is also equally important as that in celebrated during Ram Navmi. May be this difference is because of the regions but in whole north it is celebrated in this season also with equal importance.

Kalyani's suggestion is relevant because there are chances of mistaking this Navaratri with Dasara.

Sir I agree with both of you. But saying this that this navratri is not having that significance I am just clearing on that point because here we celebrate both with equal importance.

a.s.
baby angel wrote:
rambabu wrote:
baby angel wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sir I agree with both of you. But saying this that this navratri is not having that significance I am just clearing on that point because here we celebrate both with equal importance.

Festivals and celebrations vary from region to region. We take what is most accepted practice mostly. Navaratri means Durga puja or Dasara in most of the regions of this country. I don't have anything further to discuss.

Thank you said by: baby angel

Mam you are right there is no need of discussing about all navratras here but in north side this navratra is also equally important as that celebrated during Ram Navmi. May be this difference is because of the regions but in whole north it is celebrated in this season also with equal importance.

Baby Angel, this Navratra culminating in Ram Navami is also equally important in Maharashtra and elsewhere too and is celebrated with equal fervor, But I fail to see the point in discussing each one separately.

Happy Navaratri to all. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.