Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

What is the function and purpose of dialing 100? To inform to the police and police in their turn inform the proper authorities to arrange for life saving operations like bringing ambulance and other emergency facilities depending on the intensity of accident. If I find 100 is not functioning, I myself would have takenfurther action without waiting for a response from a non functioning system. Here my responsibility as  acitizen surfaces up. This initiative was taken by me, not once but several times. What I want to drive home is, one should be prepared for other alternatives. Simply getting shocked will not serve any purpose. Especially in these days of rampant road accidents.

Am u not a good citizen as I took an initiative to help that person by informing police. I think it's better to call police than involving myself as who knows he may be plotting to loot someone by lying this way on the road.

That is why in most of bollywood movies, law enforcing agencies reaching at the climax. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
rambabu wrote:

What is the function and purpose of dialing 100? To inform to the police and police in their turn inform the proper authorities to arrange for life saving operations like bringing ambulance and other emergency facilities depending on the intensity of accident. If I find 100 is not functioning, I myself would have takenfurther action without waiting for a response from a non functioning system. Here my responsibility as  acitizen surfaces up. This initiative was taken by me, not once but several times. What I want to drive home is, one should be prepared for other alternatives. Simply getting shocked will not serve any purpose. Especially in these days of rampant road accidents.

Am u not a good citizen as I took an initiative to help that person by informing police. I think it's better to call police than involving myself as who knows he may be plotting to loot someone by lying this way on the road.

You took the initIative, but left unfinished. Neither you nor the victim could benefit in anyway.

mohan manohar wrote:

That is why in most of bollywood movies, law enforcing agencies reaching at the climax. 

So there is some reality in the bollywood movies afterall...I know of an incident where a person known to us breathed his last because there was no help available on any of the so called helpline numbers...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu, mohan manohar
usha manohar wrote:
mohan manohar wrote:

So there is some reality in the bollywood movies afterall...I know of an incident where a person known to us breathed his last because there was no help available on any of the so called helpline numbers...

Absolutely. These Helplines are mere eyewash measures which rarely function . Even today, the Helpline numbers created for those who were anxious to know whereabouts of their relatives lost in Nepal earth quake were simply blinked.

To day at Lok Sabha, one MP urged to increase the allowance of writer/ constable who would be carrying accident prone person in vehicle, to hospital, as most of times, they take accident prone persons on their own money and allowance is meagre and that is why one MP urged government to increase such allowance. 

Sorry. I fail to understand the relevance of your comment in the context of the thread.

Even police constable are reluctant to take the injured person at their own cost and am not sure law bars common man to take injured person to hopstial only police would take them. 

Instead police harass those who lodge a complaint.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.