Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

What I expressed is my opinion. My way of dealing with emergencies and my non dependence on established methods without getting shocked. That's all.

The emergency numbers like 100 and others should work well otherwise these are useless.  As long as one is conscious and has strong will power, he will come out of any difficult situation. Here I am  tempted to cite my own case. Just a few months back,. I fell from moving bus and injured my leg.  But I picked courage and mounted the same bus and got treatment from a doctor near my home. I did not miss my office even a single day. Till this date, nobody in my neighborhood or even family knows that. Only my doctor and now those reading this post would know.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

What I expressed is my opinion. My way of dealing with emergencies and my non dependence on established methods without getting shocked. That's all.

The emergency numbers like 100 and others should work well otherwise these are useless.  As long as one is conscious and has strong will power, he will come out of any difficult situation. Here I am  tempted to cite my own case. Just a few months back,. I fell from moving bus and injured my leg.  But I picked courage and mounted the same bus and got treatment from a doctor near my home. I did not miss my office even a single day. Till this date, nobody in my neighborhood or even family knows that. Only my doctor and now those reading this post would know.  

Thats an act of bravery. You didn't see for help, but decided your course of action. I am of the strong opinion that one should expect the unexpected and help himself.

rambabu wrote:

This is what you did in your case. What you would have done for other person if fell from bus and were seeing it from your vehical being driven at high speed and would not be possible to come back to the same location. Moreover I was shocked because such an emergency number I could not connect not for that person who was lying on the road.

What is the function and purpose of dialing 100? To inform to the police and police in their turn inform the proper authorities to arrange for life saving operations like bringing ambulance and other emergency facilities depending on the intensity of accident. If I find 100 is not functioning, I myself would have takenfurther action without waiting for a response from a non functioning system. Here my responsibility as  acitizen surfaces up. This initiative was taken by me, not once but several times. What I want to drive home is, one should be prepared for other alternatives. Simply getting shocked will not serve any purpose. Especially in these days of rampant road accidents.

100 should work without fail. The person attending should even find the location even if no body is speaking but only gave a missed call as it is supposed to be the EMERGENCY number. A person willing to help someone might not stop on the spot due to many reasons including traffic problems. He might not find a policeman on the way. Here the matter is not how a person will help his own cause but here the matter is a concerned citizen is trying to reach police for an emergency purpose. All emergency numbers should work properly otherwise all tall claims of technology brought into service of mankid is baseless. I support SJ for his concern in this matter.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Sanjeev Gupta

Should work. But did it work ? Simply because it didn't work, should I stay in a state of shock ? Or think of an alternative to save a precious life ? Remember, before anything else we are humans. We were taught to be " Pro active " emergency numbers and other so called amenities for the citizen are meant for  a good and noble purpose, provided they function. If they don't function ? What's the possible and practical way to save a life?

Phone numbers of Police and Fire-force, if not responding when needed, are definitely useless. In such case we have to find some suitable alternative, depending on that particular situation. It cannot be a pre-planned one. Also human nature is different and we cannot expect everyone to think and react in the same manner.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
rambabu wrote:

This is what you did in your case. What you would have done for other person if fell from bus and were seeing it from your vehical being driven at high speed and would not be possible to come back to the same location. Moreover I was shocked because such an emergency number I could not connect not for that person who was lying on the road.

In fact, I was just trying to get up. I could have moves slowly but some other passengers of bus rushed to me and helped me in the bus. They asked if I was okay. I just said- yes. Only when I reached home, I found my leg was bleeding. So I went to nearby doctor and got bandaged.  Obviously others helped me.  I would also do this for any other person and get him admitted in emergency ward of the govt. hospital and communicated to his relatives/ friends by noting details in his phone/ diary. I'm sure others would also cooperate just as they did to me. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

India is a land which survives somehow.One reason is a complete lack of a sense of duty. This is all pervading.Nirad Choudhry's " Continent of Circe" clearly brings this out.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In fact, I was just trying to get up. I could have moves slowly but some other passengers of bus rushed to me and helped me in the bus. They asked if I was okay. I just said- yes. Only when I reached home, I found my leg was bleeding. So I went to nearby doctor and got bandaged.  Obviously others helped me.  I would also do this for any other person and get him admitted in emergency ward of the govt. hospital and communicated to his relatives/ friends by noting details in his phone/ diary. I'm sure others would also cooperate just as they did to me. 

Thats what people do. Wisdom lies in availing the things immediately at their disposal without getting shocked. Here the thing required is taking the initiative. Kudos to you.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.