Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@MG Singh  thanks it is significant revelations, I never knew it and thanks for updating, that is why time and again I called it history to be written by neutral historians they should not be inclined to center, left and right centric thoughts so that true picture would be reaching out to masses.

http://mohanmekap.com/

MG Singh wrote:

Who gave the title to Akbar ' the Great" . how many are aware ?  The title came to be used only in thirties and became full blown after 1947 as per the education policy of Congress. Many European and American  historians  like Will Durant have classified Akbar only a let less sanguine than other Mughals.

That is the absolute truth and yet people will glare at you as if you have killed someone when you say that Akbar the Great was not great! What is even more irksome is the fact that history textbooks that are being taught in schools nowadays are filled with pages and pages of greatness and bravery of MUghal emperors, Nehru, Gandhi and similar and real warriors of freedom such as Mahrana Pratap, Shivaji Maharaj, The Peshwas, Rani Laxmibai, Bhagat Singh, Rajgur, Sukhdeo, Savarkar, Bal Gangadhar Tilak and so many more concluded in a one or two paragraphs.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Jodhaa Akbar is a good movie to exemplify his life and it is a treat to watch. A good ruler, a good human.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

Jodhaa Akbar is a good movie to exemplify his life and it is a treat to watch. A good ruler, a good human.

Jodha Akbar movie is nothing but a Bollywood romance and has little to do with real history. Just because a movie portrays him as a good man or a good ruler does not mean it is true. It is just a movie. Do read the link provided by MG Singh for some true facts.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Absolutely. We cannot conclude just by seeing a Bollywood movie where most of the things are manipulated. But that's true Akbar was the only mughal emperor in whose dynasty Hindus grew otherwise no mughal emperor thought good for Hindus.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Jodha Akbar movie is nothing but a Bollywood romance and has little to do with real history. Just because a movie portrays him as a good man or a good ruler does not mean it is true. It is just a movie. Do read the link provided by MG Singh for some true facts.

Thank you for enlightening me on that note uncle. Never thought that a movie will be manipulated. May be Jodhaa Akbar not a biopic uncle... Mary Kom and Bhaag Milka Bhaag are real i guess..

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

@ Kalyani. There is also no credit given to the greatest revolutionary of all Subhas Bose.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
epraneeth77 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Thank you for enlightening me on that note uncle. Never thought that a movie will be manipulated. May be Jodhaa Akbar not a biopic uncle... Mary Kom and Bhaag Milka Bhaag are real i guess..

epraneeth, there is a great difference between the movies such as Jodha AKbar on one side Mary Kom and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. While the latter true were based on contemporary celebrities stories of which could not be tweaked too much for fear of retribution from the celebrities themselves and their relatives. Jodha Akbar, on the other hand was based on history but the makers did not bother to research much apart from costumes and jewellery. They were busy producing only a silly Bollywood romance.  There is a real difference.

@MG Singh, yes, I missed out Netaji;'s name but is inclusive in my list of the neglected ! There are so many more which have never been taught to our children.

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta, epraneeth77

@MG I don't say Subhash Chandra Bose was not great he of course was great but there are other freedom fighters too like Bhagat Singh, chadershekhar azad and many more so every one should be given that tittle.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

@MG I don't say Subhash Chandra Bose was not great he of course was great but there are other freedom fighters too like Bhagat Singh, chadershekhar azad and many more so every one should be given that tittle.

True...fact is all the hundreds of freedom fighters are great, it was because of their sacrifice that we saw the light of independence. But what I want to personally say is that we don't need to fight for the titles to be bestowed to them. All we need to do is teach the history unbiased, as it was, to our children adn not tweak and change to suit the convenience of few and to soothe egos of certain communities.

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.