Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Parents teachers,friends, friends parents all make an impact to the child and unless parents are keeping a constant watch and monitoring a child's behavior, correcting him or her as and when it is necessary, it is likely that negative traits will be picked up faster than positive ones from outside home ..Of course if parents themselves are lax and not very careful about their own behavior , one cannot expect any better from their children. Whe parents ill treat their parents or in laws or are rude and abusive, children pick up these traits fast and unless the outside atmosphere is better and balances out , the child is likely to grow up into a negative personality

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Our age old saying says MatruDevo  Devo Bhava, PitruDevo  Bhava and Acharya Devo Bhava. It's implied that discipline and good habits should start from the home first. Only then the Teacher's role starts.

I am sorry to say but the fact is most of our womenfolks while teaching good manners to their daughters overlook the mistakes of their male children which makes all the difference. Mothers will have to treat boys and girls on equal terms that will help improve the society. I agree girls/women behave far better in public compared to their male counterparts.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Our age old saying says MatruDevo  Devo Bhava, PitruDevo  Bhava and Acharya Devo Bhava. It's implied that discipline and good habits should start from the home first. Only then the Teacher's role starts.

I am sorry to say but the fact is most of our womenfolks while teaching good manners to their daughters overlook the mistakes of their male children which makes all the difference. Mothers will have to treat boys and girls on equal terms that will help improve the society. I agree girls/women behave far better in public compared to their male counterparts.  

Gender discrimination in child upbringing will lead to several ill effects on the children. There is a possibility of children becoming rebels or juvenile delinquent .

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Gender discrimination in child upbringing will lead to several ill effects on the children. There is a possibility of children becoming rebels or juvenile delinquent .

That is an extreme case but even otherwise we see men taking women for granted in day today dealings because they are made to believe that they are superior to women>instead the message should be that women and men are different yet complementary since one cannot exist without the other..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That is an extreme case but even otherwise we see men taking women for granted in day today dealings because they are made to believe that they are superior to women>instead the message should be that women and men are different yet complementary since one cannot exist without the other..

True, but I did not mean that besides I am a strong believer in equal treatment to all including male and female children or adult. I see so many cases of different treatments to male and female children in same families.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True, but I did not mean that besides I am a strong believer in equal treatment to all including male and female children or adult. I see so many cases of different treatments to male and female children in same families.

Yes discrimination is also due to economic reasons since earlier menfolks were the bread earners ..Now with changed times people need to change their  attitudes as well

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes discrimination is also due to economic reasons since earlier menfolks were the bread earners ..Now with changed times people need to change their  attitudes as well

Sorry again but I have seen these things mostly in upper class families. They allow their male children to act as they wish or do what they like. Moms laugh the mistakes if someone points to that or feel bad that an outsider (even if a relative) dared bringing it to their notice. I am not saying all moms are same but I can tell you more than 50% are the same.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sorry again but I have seen these things mostly in upper class families. They allow their male children to act as they wish or do what they like. Moms laugh the mistakes if someone points to that or feel bad that an outsider (even if a relative) dared bringing it to their notice. I am not saying all moms are same but I can tell you more than 50% are the same.

Yes that's what I mean, attitudes need to change ..Even now when a man cooks the womenfolk frown on the wife or the sister for making a 'man' cook when it is actually the duty of the woman to do so.. It happens among my relatives too and it is not easy to change their thinking but it has to happen through a slow process and also probably through their own children ..

It happened in my own family. I remember vividly when I wake up early along with my mother to help my mother in her cooking chores, she said, " why do you woke up so early, Wake up your sister. "

This is the attitude of many mothers in our society. This belief that Males are a superior lot, is more dominant in many mothers. This false belief should be driven away.

Yes true.....what I have encountered mostly in kolkata that people are impatient in certain matters. For e.g. road blocks are often caused by private vehicles because nobody is willing to back out or let the other car pass by. Even in residential complexes flat owners are very impatient and they complain over trivial issues. They fail to understand that when you live in flats in a complex you have to adjust.

I love writing and sharing ideas

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.