Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Let's see our Indians (I'm not talking about exceptions.)how they behave during eating be it in a social feast or a Banquet in a five star hotel.

Making slurping noises and belching loudly in such a way that the entire gathering turns towards the eater who is oblivious of all these incidents around him relishing food. I must say that such eaters are Master "Head Turners and attention Grabbers."

Very true , people make a spectacle of themselves , even n restaurants where I see many people spill food outside their plates...I dont see how this can happen ...I feel that social graces and manners should be taught right from childhood to make an individual a complete person.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True Usha. Good manners should start from home. They won't come and fall in our lap. They have to be injected by the parents.

To some extent our current education system is responsible for this kind of behavior of people. Today most of the schools in our country give more importance to the marks obtained in the mark sheets, and not on the behavior and moral issues. Very few schools pay attention to teach social values to kids. kids learn by watching what their elders are doing and try to copy them. So it is important for the elders to change their behavior and schools to focus on overall development of the kid.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

To some extent our current education system is responsible for this kind of behavior of people. Today most of the schools in our country give more importance to the marks obtained in the mark sheets, and not on the behavior and moral issues. Very few schools pay attention to teach social values to kids. kids learn by watching what their elders are doing and try to copy them. So it is important for the elders to change their behavior and schools to focus on overall development of the kid.

True Manoj. People now focus only on marks and money and ignore the more important aspects of personality such as manners and civility.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Discipline, behavioral  patterns and other good habits should start from the house. It's not advisable to depend on the schools which stage comes later. So, what I want to drive home is, all good habits should be taught in the home itself. Home should be the first school and parents should be the firstteachers.

Now, I have stopped complaining about lack of discipline and manners.  People will not improve just because of our wishes.  I have stopped using public bus because nobody believes in queue. first you have to struggle for getting in the bus. Then you will have to struggle even for going out.  Not to speak of overcrowding and discourtsy during journey. The old men as well as women feel very embarassed.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Discipline  should be taught in the house right from the childhood. If a dog trainer can make the dog whatever he wants that the dog should do, why not humans ? If it is learned in the very initial stages of life, discipline is not a hard thing to learn and implement.

It is true that education from both school and home play an important role in moulding the character of children. They grow up by imitating their parents and friends. They follow what their teachers teach. “Yatha Raja Thatha Praja”(As the King, so are the subjects). So the king should prove his worth.

Our age old saying says MatruDevo  Devo Bhava, PitruDevo  Bhava and Acharya Devo Bhava. It's implied that discipline and good habits should start from the home first. Only then the Teacher's role starts.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.