Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Another amazing thing i came to know from this link article is

More people go to church on a Sunday in China than in the whole of Europe.

No surprising, population of Chins is 4 times Europe

Yes that's true, in fact now there are more Christians in China than Buddhists ...This is something that has happened recently after communism started started getting diluted ...

All along I was under the impression that China had more Buddhists. Anyhow this is another aspect i heard for the first time.

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes that's true, in fact now there are more Christians in China than Buddhists ...This is something that has happened recently after communism started started getting diluted ...

All along I was under the impression that China had more Buddhists. Anyhow this is another aspect i heard for the first time.

China has majority who follow Confucianism and after that it is Buddhism. Christianly is still a minority and as per latest figures with me just about 2-4% of the Chinese population is Christian.Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_China

I will like to add  that on my visit to Shanghai< I saw churches but no worshipers. Remember the Boxer rebellion was fueled by anti Christian sentiments which are still there.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

China has majority who follow Confucianism and after that it is Buddhism. Christianly is still a minority and as per latest figures with me just about 2-4% of the Chinese population is Christian.Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_China

True, There is a majority of Buddhism in China and surprisingly also almost as many muslims as Christians ...Then of course they have Taoism and Confucianism which are not religions but more a sect ..Another interesting fact is that only about 15% of the population is religious ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True, There is a majority of Buddhism in China and surprisingly also almost as many muslims as Christians ...Then of course they have Taoism and Confucianism which are not religions but more a sect ..Another interesting fact is that only about 15% of the population is religious ..

Very interesting facts. My knowledge base has widened now. Thank you Usha.

Indian Christians follow all the traditions of Hinduism..In Mnagalore Catholics marry only converts from their own caste and this is dated back to several centuries , Brahmin converts s prefer to marry only Brahmins and there is opposition to inter caste marriage ! So, with conversion the dalits and other so called lower caste people do not get any better deal..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Here in AP christians wear Bindi and wear rings on their second finger of their legs which are 100 percent Hindu customs.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.