The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A movie with only special effects cannot be a blockbuster. Story, acting, action and special effects all should be there in a movie to make it big hit. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

It is already a big hit .Because it is for the first time a movie with such amazing and latest special effects has been produced in Telugu. So for this reason it has recorded highest collections ever at the Box office. Other aspects like story are just normal like any other movie.

There are finite number of story plots in the world. Therefore for avid moviegoers the story is not so important because they can guess the plot in the opening few moments of any movie. It is the presentation that matters these days. A few Hindi films have become hit because they ere shot on exotic new locales abroad.

Yes. Presentation makes a difference. Even the most common story too can be made extraordinary by presenting in a  unique way. This of course entirely depends on the caliber of the director..

It is heard that the special effects in Bahubali provides a great visual treat with the feeling of watching a Hollywood movie. The story is paused with a semicolon, and will be finished in the second part of the movie to be released next year.

Everyone has an affinity towards fantasy and that is the  reason why superheroes such as superman, batman, shaktiman etc. are so popular among all age groups. People like to relate themselves with larger-than-life figures who possess super powers and are able to do things that normal people cannot do. Bahubali can be called one such fantasy and that is why it is being liked so much.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Bahubali is being liked no doubt. But the reason for people's liking is specifically for the Special effects, created by Sabu Cyril. Except this reason i didn't see any other reason for its popularity. The producers say Bahubali is a Historical movie. As you said there are sprinklings of fantasy elements too.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Everyone has an affinity towards fantasy and that is the  reason why superheroes such as superman, batman, shaktiman etc. are so popular among all age groups. People like to relate themselves with larger-than-life figures who possess super powers and are able to do things that normal people cannot do. Bahubali can be called one such fantasy and that is why it is being liked so much.

True ! films like Superman, Lord of the rings, Avatar and the batman series have become popular because of the special effects and the way it has been presented.I am not sure how Bahubali compares with those films...Eitherway it has become hugely popular with all shows packed to capacity so far..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

True ! films like Superman, Lord of the rings, Avatar and the batman series have become popular because of the special effects and the way it has been presented.I am not sure how Bahubali compares with those films...Eitherway it has become hugely popular with all shows packed to capacity so far..

Yes Usha, the special effects of films you mentioned are totally excellent and unbeatable whereas Bahubali looks a bit inferior to those, but the reason for its popularity might be because of the Indian theme and elements of history that are close to heart of general public.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Certainly there is a reason for Bahubali's stupendous success. Especially Telugu movie watchers are starving for a gripping and spell binding movies for the last many years.. I have seen the movie in a local theater. Leaving aside some of its negative points like slow moving in the later part of the movie, it made me feel that time has flown without my knowledge. On the whole Bahubali is a typical Blockbuster.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.