Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I have no problem in being interrupted, if the person had already understood what I wanted to mean and then gives an answer in favour or against but has to be on the very discussion point. Those who interrupt without understanding irritate me a lot. I love to listen so I feel good when others give me a patient hearing. 

shampasaid

Exactly. I agree with you. If the person after hearing what you said interrupts you, there is no problem at all. Without hearing what you said, if the person interrupts you, it irritates you.

Let me put this way.

I and my friend both are book lovers. And we met on the way. I started telling something. He waved his hand indicating to stop.

He said, " Do you know, there is a Book exhibition going on."?

"Oho.. I too wanted to say that there is a Book exhibition..",

This explains all.

rambabu wrote:

Exactly. I agree with you. If the person after hearing what you said interrupts you, there is no problem at all. Without hearing what you said, if the person interrupts you, it irritates you.

Let me put this way.

I and my friend both are book lovers. And we met on the way. I started telling something. He waved his hand indicating to stop.

This explains all.

Honestly I don't see where interruption comes here since both wanted to say the same thing, but your friend probably was excited about it and wanted to share the news with you so stopped you so that he can tell you about it before anything else . I guess this can happen to anyone, when you want to share something important , you may interrupt the conversation and speak about it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Let me put this way.

This explains all.

Honestly I don't see where interruption comes here since both wanted to say the same thing, but your friend probably was excited about it and wanted to share the news with you so stopped you so that he can tell you about it before anything else . I guess this can happen to anyone, when you want to share something important , you may interrupt the conversation and speak about it !

When i wave my hand towards my friend or somebody else, I expect that person hears what for i stopped him. For me it's certainly an interruption, if that person starts talking without knowing  what I wanted to say.

We cannot expect people to behave in a set pattern, the other person may have his own way of doing things..When two people meet, which is what you mentioned , anybody can start the conversation , even if one of them was trying to say something, if the other person has something he or she believes is important to both, there is no harm in blurting it out, it is but natural ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I believe in such cases one of them should allow the other person to speak. A mid way should be taken in which both are beneficiaries.

First of all its bad manners to interrupt a person when he/she is speaking.

Next hear them out. Many people fear that they might forget what they need to add.. and jump in.

Its only right to hear a person out before responding to what the person has to say. That is acceptable behavior in my opinion. 

I agree. Interruption amounts to Bad manners. But when things take a bad turn leading to arguments and counter arguments on the topic, "You hear what I say." " No you hear first what I say" is also bad manners. In this condition, it's wise one of them should step down.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.