Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Taxes are revenue generating tools. Government cannot avoid them or completely abolish. What you intended to say is quite clear. If one feels the amount is too high, they can travel by Buses operated by respective state governments. The toll tax will be shared by all the bus travelers, which will be less comparatively.

Let me put it this way- I am paying 100/ because I am traveling in a car where as you are paying Rs 3 because you are traveling in a bus with 50 other passengers. How would you feel if they charge 100/ each passenger traveling by bus? Besides the bus is far heavier than a car and making bigger load on the road. Be honest while answering this.... Are you ready to accept this formula?

PS The toll tax is charged two wheeler 20/

Car 100/ Passengers not taken into account

Bus 150/ .... Do

Trucks 250/ Load no factor

Thanks for the info. My doubts are cleared.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Taxes are revenue generating tools. Government cannot avoid them or completely abolish. What you intended to say is quite clear. If one feels the amount is too high, they can travel by Buses operated by respective state governments. The toll tax will be shared by all the bus travelers, which will be less comparatively.

Let me put it this way- I am paying 100/ because I am traveling in a car where as you are paying Rs 3 because you are traveling in a bus with 50 other passengers. How would you feel if they charge 100/ each passenger traveling by bus? Besides the bus is far heavier than a car and making bigger load on the road. Be honest while answering this.... Are you ready to accept this formula?

Bus 150/ .... Do

I feel the authorities should fix the same toll tax like 10/ each passenger whatever vehicle he is using and load factor should be taken into account for trucks and other carriers. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Absolutely ! In fact a nominal amount should be charged just o recover the cost which also in my opinion is unnecessary.When you see the way roads are maintained abroad and no charges for driving through any of them, we may say they are rich and they can afford but that is only part of the truth, it is efficient management of funds and quality service that makes it possible. Their roads dont sport gaping holes , within 6 months after repairs costing a few crore rupees, for which we are paying tolls..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Bus 150/ .... Do

I feel the authorities should fix the same toll tax like 10/ each passenger whatever vehicle he is using and load factor should be taken into account for trucks and other carriers.

If the Fund swindling ,tours by the ministers and many perks are stopped, the toll tax burden will be reduced. And what you suggested are quite possible

There are toll ways in other countries too but one doesn't have to stop for paying (they deduct automatically from your prepaid card) Besides the charges are for passing through heavy traffic Jones to reduce the load and apply for limited/fixed time. Yes, there is no toll tax on express highways anywhere which are far better maintained and last far longer.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha manohar wrote:

Absolutely ! In fact a nominal amount should be charged just o recover the cost which also in my opinion is unnecessary.When you see the way roads are maintained abroad and no charges for driving through any of them, we may say they are rich and they can afford but that is only part of the truth, it is efficient management of funds and quality service that makes it possible. Their roads dont sport gaping holes , within 6 months after repairs costing a few crore rupees, for which we are paying tolls..

Exactly now that we see the point.. we can move on further  Like i said earlier the politicians eat up all the taxpayers money on their foreign trips and treatments. Where is the revenue going on road maintenance.

The pot holes show up because the right material don't go in.

Diversions come up due to the lack of proper planning. 

We have to stop every 50-75 km because we have no system in place. 

Such a good taxation system. I doubt if the Government is ready for this system. Because in such system there will not be any scope for Pocketing the money for our ministers.

Sofs wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Exactly now that we see the point.. we can move on further  Like i said earlier the politicians eat up all the taxpayers money on their foreign trips and treatments. Where is the revenue going on road maintenance.

The pot holes show up because the right material don't go in.

Diversions come up due to the lack of proper planning. 

We have to stop every 50-75 km because we have no system in place. 

The revenue is very much there on paper ..Honestly, I don't blame the many road blocks and protests by the bus owners and citizens against this because they have to use these roads every day and know the inconvenience and loss. We have one coming up at Udipi and Manipal which is a educational town and the main road leading to it from Udipi is so bad that everybody has been put to inconvenience since more than 6 months. Now they want to make it a ' sophisticated ' (their words) highway and charge toll keeping the old road as well,, 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Roads are the property of the Government. One has to pay for using the Roads.

But, as a user of the Road, if you have any grievance pertaining to Damages caused to your vehicle due bad roads, you can approach Consumer Forms. You have a right to claim the damages.

It is bitter truth that it is not possible for government to construct and maintain road with own sources. Toll roads is only solution of it. It happen some time that toll charging agencies is charging toll after competing their period. Approaching to consumer court is easy but getting claim is not easy.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Roads are the property of the Government. One has to pay for using the Roads.

But, as a user of the Road, if you have any grievance pertaining to Damages caused to your vehicle due bad roads, you can approach Consumer Forms. You have a right to claim the damages.

It is bitter truth that it is not possible for government to construct and maintain road with own sources. Toll roads is only solution of it. It happen some time that toll charging agencies is charging toll after competing their period. Approaching to consumer court is easy but getting claim is not easy.

of course for getting the compensation from consumer courts it takes time. Because the number of grievance case are more and courts are very less in number.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.