This is basically for the mothers whose life revolve around their children only, but, what happens when the children leave their mother's nest empty for their future? Are the mothers able to cope with such a situation? Read this article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Now-empty-nest-is-the-new-test-for-lonely-moms/articleshow/48940415.cms 

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Though the thread revolves around those mothers who are attached to their children, it holds good to all parents.

Accept the truth, that one day or other every parent has to face this situation. Did you not leave the nest ?

Did you ever think of your mother's plight, when you left for your in Law's home ?

It's always wise to go along the truth of life and continue your onward journey.

Yes, this is a fact that at some point of time the children have to leave their biological home for a purpose and then if the parents especially the non-working mothers lead to depression but it should not be like that. Parents must counsel themselves regularly and learn to accept this fact or else life for both the sides become difficult.

shampasaid

Wisdom lies in adjusting to the changing times during different phases of life. Life will change from time to time. We cannot changes.Accept and enjoy life.

I always consider, such parents who are preoccupied by their child are obsessed lot. They cannot accept their child's independence as well as their closeness to anyone else and ultimately lead to frustration and unhappiness.   

shampasaid

From what I have seen,most of the parents especially the educated ones are totally prepared for such a situation .We see more and more children making their own lives even before getting married which may cause tension in some cases .In fact we had a case close to my house where the mother simply would not let her son make a room for himself close to his work spot in the same city to save the inconvenience of travelling to and fro.She simply would not see reason and put her sons interest before her own so called misery ! Now the son has moved out with bitter feelings which could have been saved had the mother been a little mature and unselfish !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I always consider, such parents who are preoccupied by their child are obsessed lot. They cannot accept their child's independence as well as their closeness to anyone else and ultimately lead to frustration and unhappiness.   

Inability to have forethought by the parents and thinking that their children remain as children forever and live with them is a grand parental mistake.

Why mothers only? I feel the same when I find my only child has gone to settle 12,000 km away from me.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But you are happy. The thought of Leaving you by your dear daughter, though painful, it gives you immense pleasure seeing  her progress and development.

rambabu wrote:

But you are happy. The thought of Leaving you by your dear daughter, though painful, it gives you immense pleasure seeing  her progress and development.

My daughter is with me for last 20 days and shall be leaving on 26th but I have already started feeling low and scared of facing that moment when my daughter and the kid will leave me behind. The good thing is I'll be with her next January for couple of months again. But my point here is, that it's not limited to mothers only.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Separation from children at some stage is unavoidable but also painful.  After some time, parents get accustomed to the change. Moreover, these days separation is not so painful in view of communication facilities. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.