Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The paper cups are convenient to use. But these should be quality cups and not plastic.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

The paper cups are convenient to use. But these should be quality cups and not plastic.  

Convenient, no doubt. Paper cups made of paper are biodegradable. But, production costs are high. Production of paper is a strain on resources. And the recycling process is also not easy

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
bhuyali saroj wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I have read about this earlier, it seems the quality of paper used is questionable and also the way the cups are prepared. In my office, we used to keep our own personal mugs in our drawers and use them whenever we had to. That way, we also managed to save a lot of money that was being spent on buying disposable paper cups.

We do the same, keep a mug and plate at school so that we dont need to use either paper cups or plastic plates, In fact plastic water  bottle filled with water, exposed to sun for an hour can turn toxic because of the reaction>Many people keep a bottle of water in their car and it can get heated when it is parked for a long period of time.

i don't drink outside tea or coffee. if i want to drink tea or coffee then i prefer drinking at home with my own cups because from the childhood itself we are taught to not to eat or drink anything which are made outside 

In the long run that is not practical because at sometime or the other in your life you will have to travel or leave hoe when you have to depend on outside food...The earlier you get used to it the better for your immune system ..

True. It is not possible to avoid  food all time made outside.  I too am habituated with home made food. But  once my wife had to go a neighboring place. I was busy elsewhere. For this reason I could not accompany her. In this condition i'm forced to go to a restaurant and eat. Even some people who can cook may feel lazy and go outside for food.

You mean in 49 years of married life . only once your wife went away alone on her own ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Not exactly. There may be occasions when my wife went out alone without me. But she used to come back on the same day. In such occasions she prepares simple food and keeps in the fridge For example, today just now told me that she would be going to Visit a Puja Pendal. I do not go with her. She will be back in a couple of hours or so. Such occasions are more, which will not force me to go out for outside good.

Rambabu wish you a Happy Marriage  Golden Jubilee in advance.

From this thread I have understood one point very clearly that is everything which is easy to handle cannot be the best bet to use. So, before using any utensil for storing food or eating or drinking, we need to be very cautious. A little pain and a bit of extra expenditure can save us from health issues and an expensive doctor's bill.

shampasaid

@ Shampa Sadhya

I agree with you, All containers used for eating food or drinking liquids should be verified before buying and using them. Because along with the food or liquids that go in to us will have an effect on our health..

Hence we should not hesitate if such containers are expensive. It's always better to go for utensils  even expensive for keeping health sound and strong.

rambabu wrote:

@ Shampa Sadhya

I agree with you, All containers used for eating food or drinking liquids should be verified before buying and using them. Because along with the food or liquids that go in to us will have an effect on our health..

Hence we should not hesitate if such containers are expensive. It's always better to go for utensils  even expensive for keeping health sound and strong.

True, cheap and easy to handle things may cause hazards that may cost more than those things which are some costlier but are safe. Paper cups looks cheaper and easy to handle, but they can cause health effects which are costlier than stainless steel or ceramic cups.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

@ Shampa Sadhya

True, cheap and easy to handle things may cause hazards that may cost more than those things which are some costlier but are safe. Paper cups looks cheaper and easy to handle, but they can cause health effects which are costlier than stainless steel or ceramic cups.

Any containers used for eating or drinking made of Any synthetic material is not only harmful for humans, but to the environment too.

Now there are alternatives for using which are harmless. Hydro flasks. These flasks are made with Food grade stainless steel and a double wall vacuum insulation.

Anyhow i prefer stainless steel glasses and utensils.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.