Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I still vividly remember the roaring wave passing  below my feet in the 2002 earthquake in Gujarat which levelled the city of Bhuj in Kutch. Earthquakes are unpredictable and if strong cause damage to life and property. Already reports are saying that nearly 400 people have lost their lives in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

rambabu wrote:

Running away to an open ground is a wise thing .in open ground  buildings will not be there. The risk of getting hurt will not be there.

Regarding the intensity of the quake, it varies from place to place according to a place's distance from epicenter.

Yes running away to an open area is best one precaution, I also think for it but I did not. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Running away to an open ground is a wise thing .in open ground  buildings will not be there. The risk of getting hurt will not be there.

Regarding the intensity of the quake, it varies from place to place according to a place's distance from epicenter.

Yes running away to an open area is best one precaution, I also think for it but I did not. 

I can understand Anil. We panic and become motionless during a crisis.Our mind becomes numb. Very few will stay alert and do what's required to do.

In Delhi my family and I felt the tremors very strongly. I was indecisive about what to do with a thirteen year old son and 84 year old mother-in-law even she is a pneumonia patient especially because I stay on 3rd floor and my husband was in his office. I really got frightened but thank God! It's all fine now. 

shampasaid

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I can understand Anil. We panic and become motionless during a crisis.Our mind becomes numb. Very few will stay alert and do what's required to do.

it is right that in problem mine becomes numb, but it is not problem with me. Indeed I want enough time to move. First to put on shoes, that open walker, there after I can walk.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

it is right that in problem mine becomes numb, but it is not problem with me. Indeed I want enough time to move. First to put on shoes, that open walker, there after I can walk.

I know Anil. it takes time for you because of your problems. But I think even if you walk, it will be slow is not it ?

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I know Anil. it takes time for you because of your problems. But I think even if you walk, it will be slow is not it 

Yes it is slow but I can.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I know Anil. it takes time for you because of your problems. But I think even if you walk, it will be slow is not it 

Yes it is slow but I can.

Great. But during such crises times like Earth quakes and Tsunamis, every second counts. You have done what you could due to your bad health

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.