The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes you are right, we want perseverance and self confidence to succeed in life. Challenge yourself. It was challenges that took people from being cavemen to reaching for the stars. If you challenge yourself, you will grow. Your life will change. You will reach in higher position. But it is not always easy to reach our goals, but never say the word 'no'. Try again and again until you achieve your goal. 

Nothing is easy in this World. Life is not a ready to eat meal that comes in a gold platter. Everything has to be  achieved shedding perspiration.

Even the self starters need a push from behind in some cases. I have seen that during my long corporate career.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes. I'm a self starter. I will not wait for any others opinion. I'm my own Role Model. I challenge myself and rise up to my own expectations. Because it's my Life. In this process i fail. But I don't mind. I'll get up again resume my Journey. My only assets are Commitment, and Courage.

I really don't understand what the word self starter means , of course the dictionary meaning is a person who is able to work effectively without being regularly told ...However, at every stage in our life we need to have mutual help directly or indirectly from others like parents, teachers, employees , even the outside world and other people who we come into contact  from whom we learn something or the other. So, we are a sum total of all this ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Self Starters are those who start their jobs related to their organizations  or to the Society without waiting for others opinions. In this process if he faces any failures, he takes the responsibility on his shoulders. Self starters are in general are optimists who believe in delivering the goods. These people make their plans necessary from planning to  execution.

In my case I wanted to become an accomplished Artist. I brushed away such opinions like, "You don't have the stuff or none of your family members are Artists or, Artists are born " etc. Without waiting for an outside help and with hard work, I made myself and finally got a job in a Public sector Steel plant. The organization too did not take in to consideration if I have a recognized Degree or Diploma from an Art School. Rather my organization sent me for training in reputed Art Schools.

All along  this, I fought with odds and became an Artist without help from any outside sources.

Even a Prime Minister needs a council of Ministers, a president the advice of the parliament and the top leaders the suggestions of followers. A person as a self starter is fine but Ekla Cahalo re is not suggested. 

Without someones help and encouragement it is not possible to come up , may be the employer who helped or trusted you or someone else who encouraged you by training you....We all go after our cherished dreams when we get an opportunity but some help is always needed directly or indirectly to help us reach our goal !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

Even a Prime Minister needs a council of Ministers, a president the advice of the parliament and the top leaders the suggestions of followers. A person as a self starter is fine but Ekla Cahalo re is not suggested. 

Ekla Chalo re itself suggests one should continue his journey despite the absence of support or help from others. "Go alone" to achieve what you want. Grab the opportunities. Shoot forward. But never stop. This is what a Self starter is.

Ekla cholo re - jodi koi saath na de tomar - is in reference to if no one comes with you to support you or ask you for support.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.