Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Absolutely, there are generations after generations residing outside India and by that way they must not be knowing their mother tongue but that cannot restrict them from knowing about their roots and their basic culture. What I feel is we are more interested in discussing the importance of mother tongue rather than how to make our children learn about our culture which is so wide and varied.

shampasaid

I agree with you. For decades, people had to migrate to other places for livelihood. In this process, children in such families cannot know what their Mother tongue was. In such cases only through older generation in the family would know about their Mother tongue. But I sincerely feel that, in no condition one should ignore or forget their Mother Tongue.

vijay wrote:

Not knowing mother tongue is no longer a problem. There are many third generation persons who do not know it and are doing fine.

Very true, my son can barely understand Thulu our mother tongue but is fluent in Kannada the state language and Hindi because he had to learn it at school. But that does not stop him from speaking other languages and also respecting and honoring our culture and traditions. It is all a matter of need and convenience !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.