Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The PM is rightly drawing attention of the masses to health insurance schemes. Awareness should lead to more persons getting health insurance to meet treatment costs. Govt. hospitals are not able to give proper treatment facilities because of the tremendous volume of patients they have to handle. If the govt. hospital has a good reputation like AIIMS then even the rich come for treatment at subsidised costs. There must be a graded system where patients are charged according to some set criterion so that subsidies are reduced. I agree that doctors should have a bond to serve govt hospitals for a minimum period if they have passed out from govt colleges.

vijay wrote:

The PM is rightly drawing attention of the masses to health insurance schemes. Awareness should lead to more persons getting health insurance to meet treatment costs. Govt. hospitals are not able to give proper treatment facilities because of the tremendous volume of patients they have to handle. If the govt. hospital has a good reputation like AIIMS then even the rich come for treatment at subsidised costs. There must be a graded system where patients are charged according to some set criterion so that subsidies are reduced. I agree that doctors should have a bond to serve govt hospitals for a minimum period if they have passed out from govt colleges.

As per the Report of the Steering Committee on Health for the 12th Five Year Plan of the Planning Commission, India has 19 health workers (doctors – 6, nurses & midwives – 13) per 10,000 people in India. WHO norms provide for 25 per 10,000 people. Most of these health workers wish to work in urban areas. In rural areas, the medical facilities are worse. They can be improved if all the doctors must have at least 3 years of practice in rural areas before they are granted permission to practice in urban areas. Further, the medical facilities must be excluded from the Corporate sector to make cheaper for a common man.

Health care system is in a Deplorable condition. Public Government Hospitals do not have adequate infrastructure, Private hospital though have good infrastructure, are ridden with  corruption. Private Hospitals prescribe unnecessary tests which are no way connected the Patient's ailment. On the whole Health care system in India is in shambles . Health care system should be easily available even to the poorest of the poor.

To this effect , the Government should make policies accordingly as Right to Health is the right of the people.

Vinod Kumar Gulati wrote:
vijay wrote:

As per the Report of the Steering Committee on Health for the 12th Five Year Plan of the Planning Commission, India has 19 health workers (doctors – 6, nurses & midwives – 13) per 10,000 people in India. WHO norms provide for 25 per 10,000 people. Most of these health workers wish to work in urban areas. In rural areas, the medical facilities are worse. They can be improved if all the doctors must have at least 3 years of practice in rural areas before they are granted permission to practice in urban areas. Further, the medical facilities must be excluded from the Corporate sector to make cheaper for a common man.

For a country of our size only 30000 doctors are produced every year. This is also a reason why they command high charges. Engineers are produced by the lakhs and are relatively cheaply available. Why government does not increase medical seats is a mystery. I met a girl who is doing her MBBS from Russia. A boy in my society has just completed his course in Romania and is going to Germany to do MS.Hundreds are studying in China. We enrich these countries and starve our people. So much for planning.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I must say Rajasthan Government has taken a good decision. I hope the remaining country also should take decision as Rajasthan did.

It is not fair to quit all thing for the government. Public and NGO also contribute in improving condition of government hospitals. Here mess in my city mess in government hospital is running by a NGO which is serving dinner and lunch to patients and care taker of patients at very reasonable prices. It is fact that most of Indian are helping nature. If government motivate many peoples and NGO come forward for this noble deed.

I'm in total agreement with you. You know well about the our famous saying, " Ek Haath se Thali  nahin Bajega, " Both the Government and the People should Join hands, especially the NGOs which are well funded.

It is culture and tradition of Rajasthan to donate for the welfare of public. You may find in almost cities hospitals, schools, collage and Dhrarshala buidings constructed by some person and handover it to government. Here in my city one industrialist is done MOU with previous congress government for opening medical collage but present government is not interested in it only for political reason.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I must say Rajasthan Government has taken a good decision. I hope the remaining country also should take decision as Rajasthan did.

It is not fair to quit all thing for the government. Public and NGO also contribute in improving condition of government hospitals. Here mess in my city mess in government hospital is running by a NGO which is serving dinner and lunch to patients and care taker of patients at very reasonable prices. It is fact that most of Indian are helping nature. If government motivate many peoples and NGO come forward for this noble deed.

I'm in total agreement with you. You know well about the our famous saying, " Ek Haath se Thali  nahin Bajega, " Both the Government and the People should Join hands, especially the NGOs which are well funded.

It is culture and tradition of Rajasthan to donate for the welfare of public. You may find in almost cities hospitals, schools, collage and Dhrarshala buidings constructed by some person and handover it to government. Here in my city one industrialist is done MOU with previous congress government for opening medical collage but present government is not interested in it only for political reason.

True Politics is the real culprit for the Bad condition of the Government Hospital.

I always ask to myself that when army hospitals are so well maintained then why the govt. hospitals are not maintained at all. The govt. hospitals are so much shabbily maintained that we can see dogs and cats roaming inside various wards. Actually, the govt. staves are guaranteed about their job and salary so they are not sincere about their job which makes the plight of the hospital very sickening. 

shampasaid

There are incidences of dogs carrying away the newly born babies. Even rats too eat away just born babies in the Government hospitals.

The government needs to address this issue very sincerely. There is a fear in everyone's mind to go to a govt. hospital and it's quite natural because if anything untoward happens then it's the loss of a family and kins but not of the government and the hospital authority. It's not about safety, cleanliness only but proper medical equipments are missing as well as many doctors lack true dedication.  

shampasaid

Obviously, the Governments action to provide proper health care is nil. That's why People are going to Private Hospitals. But, sadly, Even Private Hospitals are not free from corruption. Over all , irrespective of Government or Corporate Hospitals, Health care should be made available free of cost to every citizen.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.