Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I beg to differ with you sir. It is unfair to say that Swami Vivekananda is religious preacher. Be is a fountain head of  inspiration.  He, asks every Hindu to be proud of being Hindu. because we are Hindus first and last His wisdom is universal that stands forever.

I just said that Swamy Vivekanand is a religious preacher. This is obvious. He represented Hindu religion at international forum of religions in Chicago. Then your own above statement- "He asks every Hindu...........we are Hindus first......"  suffices to prove what I said.  

He has not hidden the fact that he is a Hindu. But what I said was he is not a preacher, but a fountain head of Inspiration. Basing on his views on Hinduism, he talked on behalf of the Hindus in Hindustan. He also insisted the youth to spread the sanctity of Hinduism.

" Youth ! Arise awake and know your strength." explains all.

I can say that Swami Vivekanantha is one of the India's most inspiring human beings. He inspired many Indians through his beautiful words. Now also many people get inspiration when they read his writings. It is our country's luck to give birth to a wise man like Vivekanantha. 

I agree we should see Swami as a Hindu preacher of great merit and not see him as a reformer. That way his appreciation is much better. 

The world recognized Swami Vivekananda as a great inspiring personality, when he appeared as a delegate at the famous Parliament of Religions in 1893 at Chicago. And these qualities of Swami Vivekananda  convinced the Government of India. His birthday has been declared 12th January as the National Youth Day.. His life and message are a perennial source of inspiration to our modern youth.

Hence, it's not proper to link Vivekananda with religion or caste system.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

http://www.academia.edu/712627/Swami_Vivekananda_s_Concept_of_Universal_Religion_and_its_application_to_Global_City_and_Modern_Cyber_Society 

Hope the write up will answer many doubts of our mind!

Very well written article which explains the concept of universal religion and religious philosophy practiced and believed by Vivekananda ..One can see that he understood the role of religion and also the greatness of Hinduism ,l which does not necessarily make him a religious preacher, he was much above that since he was a thinker  who was able to analyse religion with all its merits and flaws ...One para from the article throws light on his his views ..

Vivekananda has observed these two mutually opposing aspects of religion,which he explains in the following words: “ There is nothing that has brought to man more blessings than religion, yet at the same time, there is nothing that has brought more horror than religion. Nothing has made more for peace and love than religion; nothing has engendered fiercer hatred than religion. Nothing has made the brotherhood of man more tangible than religion; nothing has bred more bitter enmity between man and man than religion. Nothing has built more charitable institutions, more hospitals for men, and even for animals, than religion, nothing has deluged the world with more blood than religion !"

Thus Vivekananda deeply felt the importance of Religion, as well as its crucial role in the human life !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The concluding paragraph of the article also conveys Vivekananda's thought very clearly. It is indeed very well written. Vivekanada always asked people to absorb the goodness of every religion. Certainly, by birth he was a Hindu and he followed that faith but never disrespected other religions. Vivekananda was respected for his wisdom and till date he is respected by many. He is known to be a philosopher and a spiritual leader and never a religious leader. He made the world know about Hinduism does not make him a religious leader because he believed in the ideas of Vedanta. Here I am adding a quote by his guru Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa which proves how they both believed in respecting all the religions. The quote: "As many faiths, so many paths" 

shampasaid

Swamiji was no doubt a great preacher with an unusually brilliant ability to present Hinduism in its simplicity which made him loved and adored by millions. The only wrong thing that happened was that such noble soul passed away at the young age of 39 years. What more contributions he would have made can only be yearned for now.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.