Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I have also read that article and certainly in this present scenario it may look a bit absurd but that does not prove Vivekananda wrong especially keeping in mind about the century he lived in. Everyone is free to idolise or not idolise any great so it is an individual's choice.

shampasaid

Swami Vivekananda is a man of all ages. His thoughts and views are relevant to all times. It's an exercise in futility to prove otherwise,.

I am an ordinary individual and may be I can't understand the logic. If you don't face any problem, you are in the wrong way- is not understandable.  It is like saying that if you don't meet any accident on the way, your track is wrong. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If I get one day without much worries and problems, I will be in tension by thinking about the next day. I am sure that the happiness won't last for long time. Happiness and sorrows are two sides of human life. We should have the courage to face everything that happen in our way. Nobody can ever forget the spiritual leader  Swami Vivekanda and his teachings.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Exactly. Swami Vivekananda stresses that every human is endowed with that power that enables him to deal with any kind of adversity. Swami Vivekananda further says that many humans  underestimate their hidden inner traits. One has to be brave and courageous to lead a happy life.

Swami Vivekananda was an inspired person who wanted Hindus to be proud of their religion in an environment where we were under the British and had low self esteem. To hold him responsible for caste system still being there is very unfair observation.. The ills of Hinduism are too deep entrenched and one person cannot remove them. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Shampa Sadhya

Swami Vivekananda was a fountain of inspiration then, now and in future. He is that man of quintessence who has tuned the heads of entire world towards Bharat during his historical speech in Chicago in the parliament of religions in the year 1893. Any one who said that Swamiji was responsible for caste system, mirrors is ignorance.

Whatever be greatness of Swamy Vivekanand, he was basically a Hindu preacher. He could not be expected to preach anything that would go beyond the religion. Caste or varna system is essence of Hindu religion. so how can a Hindu religious preacher be expected to oppose the caste or verna system? Swamy Vivekanand cannot be faulted. Certainly he was not a social reformer like Raja Ram Mohan Roy. 

I beg to differ with you sir. It is unfair to say that Swami Vivekananda is religious preacher. Be is a fountain head of  inspiration.  He, asks every Hindu to be proud of being Hindu. because we are Hindus first and last His wisdom is universal that stands forever.

rambabu wrote:

I beg to differ with you sir. It is unfair to say that Swami Vivekananda is religious preacher. Be is a fountain head of  inspiration.  He, asks every Hindu to be proud of being Hindu. because we are Hindus first and last His wisdom is universal that stands forever.

I just said that Swamy Vivekanand is a religious preacher. This is obvious. He represented Hindu religion at international forum of religions in Chicago. Then your own above statement- "He asks every Hindu...........we are Hindus first......"  suffices to prove what I said.   

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.