Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That's a wrong notion yo have. Besides you Kalyani too clarified his doubt. The member neither questioned nor contested about Swamiji's beliefs and contributions to caste.    Rather he was all praise for Swami Vivekananda as a man of wisdom.

I don't read much about Swami Viveka Nand but the above saying is right one. Every problem is challenge for life and we have not challenge than life is boring one. On many some letters of Swami Ji Published in Hindi new paper the language which he used I think no one like.

anil wrote:

I don't read much about Swami Viveka Nand but the above saying is right one. Every problem is challenge for life and we have not challenge than life is boring one. On many some letters of Swami Ji Published in Hindi new paper the language which he used I think no one like.

Swami Vivekananda's sayings are valid for all times. Vivekananda was  responsible for spreading Hinduism even in Western Countries. His speech in the World congress of religions held in Chicago in 1893 made westerners look towards Bharat. His teachings are valid for all times as a source of inspiration

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Swami Vivekananda's sayings are valid for all times. Vivekananda was  responsible for spreading Hinduism even in Western Countries. His speech in the World congress of religions held in Chicago in 1893 made westerners look towards Bharat. His teachings are valid for all times as a source of inspiration

All thing you are saying is right, but in his letter he condemned Indians for backwardness. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

All thing you are saying is right, but in his letter he condemned Indians for backwardness. 

I am not aware that he said about backwardness. Can you please provide a link to the news ?

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

I am not aware that he said about backwardness. Can you please provide a link to the news ?

yes 

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/?id=900699&boxid=1123217468&ch=0&map=map&currentTab=tabs-1&pagedate=01/12/2016&editioncode=41&pageno=6&view=i

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

yes 

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/?id=900699&boxid=1123217468&ch=0&map=map&currentTab=tabs-1&pagedate=01/12/2016&editioncode=41&pageno=6&view=i

This link is not opening. However I try once again and post my comments

Further to my coments.People may go through the following post

http://nirmukta.com/2012/06/28/on-vivekanandas-defense-of-caste/

After reading it one can see that Vivekanand's defence of caste was illogical and irrational. 

The problem is that Hindus extol the very men who perpetuated the caste system in what ever form. The fact is it is henious crime against humanity and is the reason that 30% or more of lower caste Hindus converted out of Hindu fold. My own maid in Cooner when I was undergoing staff course converted to Christianity. All this is sad and nothing to be proud off. I represent the future and good for India and cannot accept false idols as heroes.

MG Singh wrote:

Further to my coments.People may go through the following post

http://nirmukta.com/2012/06/28/on-vivekanandas-defense-of-caste/

After reading it one can see that Vivekanand's defence of caste was illogical and irrational. 

The problem is that Hindus extol the very men who perpetuated the caste system in what ever form. The fact is it is henious crime against humanity and is the reason that 30% or more of lower caste Hindus converted out of Hindu fold. My own maid in Cooner when I was undergoing staff course converted to Christianity. All this is sad and nothing to be proud off. I represent the future and good for India and cannot accept false idols as heroes.

That was a good unbiased article and the inputs and feedback/s were even more interesting ! No doubt Vivekanandas thoughts were for a better society but without practical implications or execution since his idea of caste system is difficult to implement , leave alone help the society ! I guess in a way one can blame it on the times he lived and his age . Had he lived to be a mature adult , I guess he would have imbibed much more and contributed more to the society !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We all have the right to accept or to object and I did what I felt. So, please... Well, I had posted a link too for the member's enlightenment. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.