Indians are finally coming to terms with the population explosion..According to the last census conducted in 2011 the growth has come down considerably which is a good sign,and if this trend continues we may not face the predicted population explosion in years to come ! With most families opting for 2 or 3 children at the most population growth seems to have steadied down..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Now-majority-of-families-have-2-or-less-kids/articleshow/51217075.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A heartening thing. The period fertility rate, the average number of children has declined by a drastic rate 16 percent between 2001 and 2011. If This trend goes on , India can reach unprecedented heights in Development.

Indeed a good sign but still the efforts to control population must be made more vigorous especially among people who are economically backward and Muslim communities where they still consider that birth control measures mean going against the will of god and give birth to more children than they can afford to feed, educate and clothe properly.,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree that population control should be done consistently regardless of religion, only then can it be effective... Christian families too tended to be very large although , now they are aware of the practical difficulties of having too many children and have consciously been bringing down the size of their families which is a good size...The educated muslims too have realised the advantage small family gives them but it is a different matter in villages and in uneducated families

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I agree that population control should be done consistently regardless of religion, only then can it be effective... Christian families too tended to be very large although , now they are aware of the practical difficulties of having too many children and have consciously been bringing down the size of their families which is a good size...The educated muslims too have realised the advantage small family gives them but it is a different matter in villages and in uneducated families

True Usha, more and more educated families now realize the importance of having less children and are doing so of their own will, but still even in cities there are many families who are educated but still refuse to adopt control measures. I closely now a family where he daughter's first born son was diagnosed with a congenital heart valve, instead of focusing on his treatment, her in-laws forced her to have two more sons, in  addition to first 2 sons and a daughter, and now with 5 children, he has been sent back to her parents. Her father is a retired engineer from MES and all these people are well educated. But her in-laws won't accept her back saying she has a curse on her head just because of the first born son's condition. Not to mention, the family is Muslim!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True Usha, more and more educated families now realize the importance of having less children and are doing so of their own will, but still even in cities there are many families who are educated but still refuse to adopt control measures. I closely now a family where he daughter's first born son was diagnosed with a congenital heart valve, instead of focusing on his treatment, her in-laws forced her to have two more sons, in  addition to first 2 sons and a daughter, and now with 5 children, he has been sent back to her parents. Her father is a retired engineer from MES and all these people are well educated. But her in-laws won't accept her back saying she has a curse on her head just because of the first born son's condition. Not to mention, the family is Muslim!

Yes it is still not 100% ...My sister who is a gynecologist goes to villages with their mobile unit and there have been times when they have been threatened and abused by muslim men because their wives were advised on family planning by the doctors..They had to lodge a police complaint once because these men would not let them work in the village which comprises of all religious groups ..

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes it is still not 100% ...My sister who is a gynecologist goes to villages with their mobile unit and there have been times when they have been threatened and abused by muslim men because their wives were advised on family planning by the doctors..They had to lodge a police complaint once because these men would not let them work in the village which comprises of all religious groups ..

India is big country and 100% is not possible. Hindus are serious about size of family even in rural area. They understand that more children, more pieces of their lands. Gradully Muslim will also understand this fact that small family in favor of them and their children.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

India is big country and 100% is not possible. Hindus are serious about size of family even in rural area. They understand that more children, more pieces of their lands. Gradully Muslim will also understand this fact that small family in favor of them and their children.

I agree with you. I also agree with Usha and Kalyani on the importance of smaller families. What I think is a change in attitude of the people started. As you said, because of the vastness of the country, the small change will not look conspicuously. The much needed Small Family norm will take time, though not immediately, . I have seen , this change of attitude is visible even in orthodox Muslim families.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree with you. I also agree with Usha and Kalyani on the importance of smaller families. What I think is a change in attitude of the people started. As you said, because of the vastness of the country, the small change will not look conspicuously. The much needed Small Family norm will take time, though not immediately, . I have seen , this change of attitude is visible even in orthodox Muslim families.

Yes it will take time, government is also doing enough in this field. Cash awards for sterilization is effective one. 

No doubt it is working but there is also an imbalance in the manner in which it is working ..some communities grow while some reduce in size because they are consciously helping to reduce population !

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes it will take time, government is also doing enough in this field. Cash awards for sterilization is effective one. 

Government is very keen on controlling the population without an iota of doubt. The importance of small families is yet to reach the deep core of the society. It takes time .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.