Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt it is working but there is also an imbalance in the manner in which it is working ..some communities grow while some reduce in size because they are consciously helping to reduce population !

That too is another problem, some communities on the verge of extinction because of reduced numbers, Parsis being one of them, while they are the most intelligent, peaceloving and adorable communities in the world. 

@Anil, giving monetary benefits in return for sterilization will not solve the problem. Sadly, this kind of attitude is so deeply ingrained in the psych of Indians thanks to a hundred kinds of freebies and subsidies thrown by the congress that, for each and every act one expects to be paid. Why cannot we look at it as our basic and fundamental duty towards our country? We take money for everything, now add getting sterilized to it, a nation of beggars. Give us money, only then we will work! That attitude needs to be changed.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt it is working but there is also an imbalance in the manner in which it is working ..some communities grow while some reduce in size because they are consciously helping to reduce population !

That too is another problem, some communities on the verge of extinction because of reduced numbers, Parsis being one of them, while they are the most intelligent, peaceloving and adorable communities in the world. 

@Anil, giving monetary benefits in return for sterilization will not solve the problem. Sadly, this kind of attitude is so deeply ingrained in the psych of Indians thanks to a hundred kinds of freebies and subsidies thrown by the congress that, for each and every act one expects to be paid. Why cannot we look at it as our basic and fundamental duty towards our country? We take money for everything, now add getting sterilized to it, a nation of beggars. Give us money, only then we will work! That attitude needs to be changed.

I agree any kind of incentive should be based on quality and also on merit , nit simply bribing people to do things without understanding the importance of it or their own responsibility towards the country they live in..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

its a good sign for India to go into the path of development. Which will help India in near future. Increasing population was always a big problem but it is nice to hear about the decreasing of population in India 

bhuyali saroj

People with low income do not try to get more children because they know very well that their income is not sufficient to accommodate more members. If the number of children are more than two, it is very difficult for parents to manage them. The new generation couples with high income also are not ready to take risk by giving birth to more children because they would like to enjoy their life. Now the people are educated and so they know very well about the birth control methods. Members of each health center is very active to educate people about the difficulties of increasing number of children. The population rate of our country is reduced recently because of these reasons. 

Jincy Aby wrote:

People with low income do not try to get more children because they know very well that their income is not sufficient to accommodate more members. If the number of children are more than two, it is very difficult for parents to manage them. The new generation couples with high income also are not ready to take risk by giving birth to more children because they would like to enjoy their life. Now the people are educated and so they know very well about the birth control methods. Members of each health center is very active to educate people about the difficulties of increasing number of children. The population rate of our country is reduced recently because of these reasons. 

What you are saying with respect to low income families is quite wrong, of course there are exceptions here also. But look around you, beggars and homeless people on the streets, people living in slums etc. families in rural areas, the equation works very differently for these people. in their case, it is not the more the mouths the less to feed, but it is the more the pair of hands in the family, the more income that can be earned. Children are not sent to schools but sent to work and labour at various jobs for more money.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

What you are saying with respect to low income families is quite wrong, of course there are exceptions here also. But look around you, beggars and homeless people on the streets, people living in slums etc. families in rural areas, the equation works very differently for these people. in their case, it is not the more the mouths the less to feed, but it is the more the pair of hands in the family, the more income that can be earned. Children are not sent to schools but sent to work and labour at various jobs for more money.

Actually I forget about the poorest section of our society. Most of them are under poverty line because of their laziness. There are opportunities here for them to lead a decent life. But they are not ready to do hard work. For them, begging is the easiest way to make money. They spend money only for food. They do not send their children to school, they sleep in public places, they cannot buy land or home with the money that they earn through begging.(exception in the case of professional beggars - they are earning more money than a government employees)  Then why do they want more children to earn more income?

Jincy Aby wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Actually I forget about the poorest section of our society. Most of them are under poverty line because of their laziness. There are opportunities here for them to lead a decent life. But they are not ready to do hard work. For them, begging is the easiest way to make money. They spend money only for food. They do not send their children to school, they sleep in public places, they cannot buy land or home with the money that they earn through begging.(exception in the case of professional beggars - they are earning more money than a government employees)  Then why do they want more children to earn more income?

I am surprised that an educated lady like you can term such people as lazy, there are lazy people in all strata of the society, but the reason these people are on the streets and begging is not just because of their laziness. there are many contributing factors to it. And do you think that they like or enjoy begging and sleeping, spending their lives on the streets??? astonished.pngI am astonished at such an insensitive approach to such an issue!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

I am surprised that an educated lady like you can term such people as lazy, there are lazy people in all strata of the society, but the reason these people are on the streets and begging is not just because of their laziness. there are many contributing factors to it. And do you think that they like or enjoy begging and sleeping, spending their lives on the streets??? astonished.pngI am astonished at such an insensitive approach to such an issue!

Some people are engaged in begging because of health issues. Their body is not fit for doing difficult work. Therefore, begging is the only way in front of them to live. But if you watch some beggars carefully, you can understand that their laziness is the main reason for involving in such activities. I know some beggars personally who often come into my home for money. That is the reason why I put this statement here. 

Begging is surely a very tough way of earning money. Some nay be doing it out of personal compulsions because of severe economic distress and lack of skills. Yet it is true that there are syndicates who make beggars out of captive persons and live off their earnings. Difficult to distinguish between them. But I feel given a choice no one would like to become a beggar.

vijay wrote:

Begging is surely a very tough way of earning money. Some nay be doing it out of personal compulsions because of severe economic distress and lack of skills. Yet it is true that there are syndicates who make beggars out of captive persons and live off their earnings. Difficult to distinguish between them. But I feel given a choice no one would like to become a beggar.

Nobody likes to be a beggar but situation and condition makes a person helpless and forces one to become a beggar

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.