Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Strengthening from inside will make them stronger from outside as well. Even today women hesitate to file a police complain or take legal recourse even when it is absolutely necessary fearing family backlash and the main worry is , what will people say ?

Inner strength is a must for each and every female. One can gain inner strength through proper education, moral support of the family and friends and compassionate attitude of the government organisations and the society. The insensitive approach actually ruins life because women are physically weak but if the ladies possess education then they have the guts to stand against every wrong.

One cannot overcome the biological differences although you can somehow try and balance it out by remaining fit and healthy rather than let yourself go after marriage and kids. If a lady is educated, capable of taking care of herself there is better understanding between the couple and this itself diminishes the chance of rape or forceful intimacy within the marriage . So communication in my opinion really helps !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Strong women also fear alienation and loneliness  The way society is structured.

Of course it is far more difficult for women to be different and independent , so it may be wiser not to stick out like a sore thumb which may cause more harm than help ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bajirao wrote:

I was unaware about  most of these laws. Not only women but even men should be aware of these laws as well. Government also should make sure these laws are not misused as well because since many laws are in favor of women , sometimes they can make unethical use of these laws for personal gain. 

I too was unaware of these laws. As you said, yes there are many women and men who actually don't know these laws

bhuyali saroj

It is highly essential for both men and women to know about the rights of a woman. Men often use this to commit atrocities on women because they are unaware of Women's rights. For example, Safety at work place.  Men often  subject their women colleagues to teasing and talking with double meanings, causing mental torture to the woman. They  think that teasing is their birth right.. It is in such situations women employees can lodge a complaint to the concerned authorities.

I think we are beating the bush about womens rights. Frankly 99% of the women in India have no rights, even in marriage. One is aware that a girl and her lover husband( lower caste) was hacked to death in Tamilnadu. Similarly my own servant's( who looks after my bunglow in Indore) nephew  killed his sister in his native village in Rajasthan. Many were involved. The crime? Girl had eloped and married a taxi driver in Mumbai. I am sick. Women have no rights except in  some big cities and that too in all about 1% of the population

MG Singh wrote:

I think we are beating the bush about womens rights. Frankly 99% of the women in India have no rights, even in marriage. One is aware that a girl and her lover husband( lower caste) was hacked to death in Tamilnadu. Similarly my own servant's( who looks after my bunglow in Indore) nephew  killed his sister in his native village in Rajasthan. Many were involved. The crime? Girl had eloped and married a taxi driver in Mumbai. I am sick. Women have no rights except in  some big cities and that too in all about 1% of the population

Women certainly have rights. But are not aware of their rights. But, the scenario of late is changing for good. Superstitions and wrong bring up of the children by the parents who think that girl in the family is a liability are the main reasons for being unaware of women's rights. in the long run, awareness will increase. I'm optimistic about it.

Howsoever we may shout about inequalities the fact remains that it is women who will have to fight for their rights as men will not change their attitudes so easily . In a deep rooted traditional society social changes can take hundred or more years to change for better. law must be strictly applied and awareness created constantly.

Though there so many legal rights and stuff for men and women, but people know how to get away without being accountable for what they do, in the real world. We read so many incidents in newspapers everyday about violations, but how many are truly given their share of justice, nobody knows. Women should be strong and independent. Most importantly they should have the support of family and friends. Even then the best option is to try not to get into such situations in the first place.

deepika wrote:

Though there so many legal rights and stuff for men and women, but people know how to get away without being accountable for what they do, in the real world. We read so many incidents in newspapers everyday about violations, but how many are truly given their share of justice, nobody knows. Women should be strong and independent. Most importantly they should have the support of family and friends. Even then the best option is to try not to get into such situations in the first place.

the only thing which i think that is more important than this laws is the women parents supports. and if the women or girls have their back in the name of their parents i think then nobody can do anything to women.

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.