Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

He should be proud of his humble background because that gave him the strength to forge ahead and stand tall from no where at all. The PM is my countryman and not the king so it's not a matter of loyalty but I admire his ability and hard work. Hope you don't have any objection! Maybe you are against khadi as dress code because the PM loves to wear it.

The fun in the pun is lost because of lack of understanding and wrong conclusions are drawn. That what is not meant is made a subject of discussion. Enough.

Usually, too much of fun in the pun makes the situation or the statement controversial. So. it's certainly enough.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vijay wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

He should be proud of his humble background because that gave him the strength to forge ahead and stand tall from no where at all. The PM is my countryman and not the king so it's not a matter of loyalty but I admire his ability and hard work. Hope you don't have any objection! Maybe you are against khadi as dress code because the PM loves to wear it.

The fun in the pun is lost because of lack of understanding and wrong conclusions are drawn. That what is not meant is made a subject of discussion. Enough.

Usually, too much of fun in the pun makes the situation or the statement controversial. So. it's certainly enough.

In fact Khadi was popularised by Mahatma Gandhi as we all know, a symbol of simplicity and patriotism  and Congress party took over and one could see all the netas in Khadi kurtas, sarees etc no matter how efficient/inefficient/corrupt they were ..So, Khadi has been the most coveted fabric by the politicians since Independence ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
vijay wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In fact Khadi was popularised by Mahatma Gandhi as we all know, a symbol of simplicity and patriotism  and Congress party took over and one could see all the netas in Khadi kurtas, sarees etc no matter how efficient/inefficient/corrupt they were ..So, Khadi has been the most coveted fabric by the politicians since Independence ! 

Khadi and Indian Independence movement have an age old connection so if it gets promoted then it will be a boost to the Khadi industry. Even Khadi reflects Indian tradition so wearing Khadi on any day will be very much symbolic. The best part is, this fabric is not of substandard quality then what is the problem if one has to wear it on a certain day. Other than defence and paramilitary there are some limited companies which have a dress code then what's the harm if the government employees are asked to wear Khadi on Friday and that too it won't be made compulsory.     

shampasaid

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

We have too many fads in India, lets not add one more. no need to wear Khadi. there should be freedom of choice.

There is certainly freedom of Choice. But some are of the opinion, wearing Khadi has been forced on the people.

It means dress codes in school and offices are fads? It restriction on our freedom?

In almost all western countries there is dress code for office goers, especially those who work for the council and government, so I dont see anything wrong in having a Khadi day for government workers on a specified day since it also makes one respect ones own fabric , which is also part of ones culture and tradition ..There is no restriction on freedom here since uniform is just a matter of uniformity not restriction !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

In almost all western countries there is dress code for office goers, especially those who work for the council and government, so I dont see anything wrong in having a Khadi day for government workers on a specified day since it also makes one respect ones own fabric , which is also part of ones culture and tradition ..There is no restriction on freedom here since uniform is just a matter of uniformity not restriction !

Exactly, I have the same opinion. Earlier in this thread I have opined that there is nothing wrong in wearing Khadi on a certain day. It will be of great help to the industry and this may act as a promotional campaign which can attract buyers from outside India. That will be a bonanza for the Khadi industry. It will be good for the country.

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:

True..in fact khadi is more suited to our country's hot climate than expensive woolen suits which are only required in northern parts only for a 3 or 4 montyhs, but khadi is more appropriate to be worn all year around.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

i think khadi is the best because somewhere khadi reminds us of pure Indian freedom fighter sir. GANDHIJI 

bhuyali saroj

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True..in fact khadi is more suited to our country's hot climate than expensive woolen suits which are only required in northern parts only for a 3 or 4 montyhs, but khadi is more appropriate to be worn all year around.

Khadi is not just cotton but it is made of silk as well as woollen yarn. In fact it's very comfortable to wear throughout the year. One can choose from khadi cotton, silk or woollen according to one's requirement.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.