Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

We must take the initiative to keep our city clean. In Delhi many people throw vegetable peels on the road which is literally unacceptable and in no way the city can remain clean. So, it is up to us to decide whether we want clean city or not and how we can contribute in making and keeping it clean. 

Awareness counts. Individuals should feel the importance of cleanness and how cleanliness contributes to Swatch Bharat campaign initiated by Modi.  many keep their homes neat and clean. But dump the garbage on the road. This attitude must change.

Babu saroj wrote:

after modi swach abhiyan many places in India looks clean and are progressing to the cleanest city in the world.

Modi's campaign hs so far failed. The reason is not Modi, but the basic Indian character. I work in Singapore and UAE and find the places 100% cleaner than any place in India and yet this is without an campaign for cleanliness.

MG Singh wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

after modi swach abhiyan many places in India looks clean and are progressing to the cleanest city in the world.

Modi's campaign hs so far failed. The reason is not Modi, but the basic Indian character. I work in Singapore and UAE and find the places 100% cleaner than any place in India and yet this is without an campaign for cleanliness.

Yes. Basically, a typical average Indian is  lethargic and lazy. An Indian needs coaxing and cajoling and need to be convinced. In this regard, creating awareness in him is highly essential by holding awareness programmes .Only then, one can expect the success of Modi's scheme of Swatch Bharat can be a success.

MG Singh wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Sorry but you cannot compare a vast country to a tiny place like Singapore ...UAE is a rich country with a comparitively  smaller population without any hassle of states and multiple governance. However, my own town has undergone a lot of positive changes with the initiative of the local BJP MLA and MP who are both doing a great job in keeping the city clean and it is the 4th cleanest city in India now. I see even Bangalore is being cleaned up so also some smaller cities and all this is taking place after Modi came into power.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

In my opinion,  besides political initiatives like the Swatchch Bharat Abhiyaan, my place Vizag, after being selected as a Smart city, improved its rank to break in to top 10 cleanest cities according to Swatch Sarvekshan 2016 . Of course Mysuru in Karnataka remained the cleanest city in India. Now people in my place started realizing the importance of cleanliness. They supported the Government's initiatives. Hence, I believe Keeping the city is not possible unless the Govt, and People work together.

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Sorry but you cannot compare a vast country to a tiny place like Singapore ...UAE is a rich country with a comparitively  smaller population without any hassle of states and multiple governance. However, my own town has undergone a lot of positive changes with the initiative of the local BJP MLA and MP who are both doing a great job in keeping the city clean and it is the 4th cleanest city in India now. I see even Bangalore is being cleaned up so also some smaller cities and all this is taking place after Modi came into power.

Singapore and UAE as they are seen now are the results of decades of hard work and dedication, while Modi has only just started. He has undertaken the monumental task of cleaning up decades and decades of dirt, trash and even worse, most unhygienic habits of spitting and defecating in public places that are ingrained in the blood of majority of Indians. Expecting spotless cleanliness in just two years is totally unfair. But what is worth applauding is the degree of awareness that is being felt and more and more people and institutions are joining the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and slowly and steadily, results can be seen. But if we wish to see India as clean as Singapore or other countries, we need to be patient.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Usha without contesting your observations on BJP cleaning your city I would like to state that I distinctly remember being very impressed by the cleanliness I saw when I visited it in 1992 or 93. I do not know who was in power then but I feel it was always a cleaner city due to its citizen's awareness and habits. Politicians are only basking on its glory.

I visit Bangalore almost every year to visit my daughter. Earlier it used to be known as city of Gardens. Though it is the fifth largest city in India, Mysuru is the cleanest city according to recent surveys. What I want to impress upon is, keeping the city is  a joint venture. . . Government alone cannot deliver the goods. People should lend their support to the Government's initiatives. Swatch Bharat is initiated on the principle of " Cleanliness is next to Godliness. "

Well, though people say city  is neat. But to see the out side roads and all looks neat. but we go deeper into the streets and see the city will be full of untidy. I feel to rank in top, government should think about internal areas of the city also. Like slum areas and some market areas and many colonies are untidy. 

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Of course. Unless all things like clearing slum areas taken in to consideration, a city cannot be called a Clean and green city.  Anyhow I have seen Vizag where i live, found a marked difference  after it became a Smart city and after the introduction of Swatch Bharat scheme. Most of the Slum areas are cleared and the Government has given alternate places and funds to build new homes with Toilets.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.